2023 NFL Discussion

rico

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have been a fan of the Coltss longer than you have been a live so I will always root for the Colts but can critique an average GM.  I witnessed the best GM of all time in Bill Polian and how he built his championship teams and Ballard is the opposite 

Idc how long you've been a Colts fan. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lololololol 

You can laugh all your want but it is the truth. Have no idea what you have seen from Ballard to make you support him this much. If this team doesn't win the division and make the playoffs he needs to be fired.  The facts are the teams he has built has only made the playoffs twice in 7 years and won 1 playoff game. In the long run that is only thing that GM's are judged on.

I hope I am wrong and this years team comes out and plays great and wins big. That is all I want as a Colts fan is winning no matter who it he GM or coaches are.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought if you on Friday listening to the DD show and his callers. DD wanted someone to call in and try to convince him why Ballard hasn't been a catastrophe as a GM.

Why are you quoting me with this stupidity? Idgaf what Dan Dakich has to say lol... I sure af don't care what he has to say about football 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

You can laugh all your want but it is the truth. Have no idea what you have seen from Ballard to make you support him this much. If this team doesn't win the division and make the playoffs he needs to be fired.  The facts are the teams he has built has only made the playoffs twice in 7 years and won 1 playoff game. In the long run that is only thing that GM's are judged on.

I hope I am wrong and this years team comes out and plays great and wins big. That is all I want as a Colts fan is winning no matter who it he GM or coaches are.

No. He shouldn't. Have a good day 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I thought if you on Friday listening to the DD show and his callers. DD wanted someone to call in and try to convince him why Ballard hasn't been a catastrophe as a GM.

Catastrophe?  And DD loves Grigson.  That tells you everything you need to know about what DD knows about football.  I personally like Ballard and how he builds a roster and runs the organization.  No GM hits on every first round pick.  I also don’t think you judge a GM like you do a coach.  There is so much more to the job of GM that none of us see and it’s more than what happens on the field.  Yes what happens on the field is the biggest part but there is still more to it.  I think the Colts have a fantastic culture for example and Ballard helps set that.  

Do I think this year is important?  Yes.  Does he have to win the division or else he is fired?  Hell no.  But now that we are at this point why don’t we let the season play out.  At this point last year everyone thought Houston sucked and some thought Jacksonville could be a dark horse Super Bowl contender.  We saw how that worked out.

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Catastrophe?  And DD loves Grigson.  That tells you everything you need to know about what DD knows about football.  I personally like Ballard and how he builds a roster and runs the organization.  No GM hits on every first round pick.  I also don’t think you judge a GM like you do a coach.  There is so much more to the job of GM that none of us see and it’s more than what happens on the field.  Yes what happens on the field is the biggest part but there is still more to it.  I think the Colts have a fantastic culture for example and Ballard helps set that.  

Do I think this year is important?  Yes.  Does he have to win the division or else he is fired?  Hell no.  But now that we are at this point why don’t we let the season play out.  At this point last year everyone thought Houston sucked and some thought Jacksonville could be a dark horse Super Bowl contender.  We saw how that worked out.

He he misses the playoffs this year he better be fired. What other organization would keep a GM or a coach who would have missed the playoffs 6 out if 8 years with no division titles. What is the Colts culture anyway besides he good in the community. They don't have a culture of winning or toughness.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He he misses the playoffs this year he better be fired. What other organization would keep a GM or a coach who would have missed the playoffs 6 out if 8 years with no division titles. What is the Colts culture anyway besides he good in the community. They don't have a culture of winning or toughness.

I didn’t say anything about missing the playoffs did I?

I completely disagree on toughness.  That team last year showed a ton of grit and toughness and fought through a bunch of injuries including to a starting QB and came within a few plays of winning the division.  With Gardner Minshew for crying out loud.  They are tough enough.  Get out of here with this they aren’t tough.

Culture can also mean guys want to stay and be part of an organization and guys clearly want to be here and be a Colt.

Just now, thirdgenhoosier said:

I didn’t say anything about missing the playoffs did I?

I completely disagree on toughness.  That team last year showed a ton of grit and toughness and fought through a bunch of injuries including to a starting QB and came within a few plays of winning the division.  With Gardner Minshew for crying out loud.  They are tough enough.  Get out of here with this they aren’t tough.

Culture can also mean guys want to stay and be part of an organization and guys clearly want to be here and be a Colt.

We did have 5 or 6 players suspended in the last year with PED's and gambling. Also had two suspended late in the season for undisclosed reasons.

Like I have said I hope this is a great year and have to eat crow but right now I see us 3rd in the South this year. I could also see Tennessee being better this year as well. When all the other teams went out and try to improve we only signed our own players. We have only signed two free agents outside of the organization and one of them we hope we never see in a game.

• Confused 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

We did have 5 or 6 players suspended in the last year with PED's and gambling. Also had two suspended late in the season for undisclosed reasons.

Like I have said I hope this is a great year and have to eat crow but right now I see us 3rd in the South this year. I could also see Tennessee being better this year as well. When all the other teams went out and try to improve we only signed our own players. We have only signed two free agents outside of the organization and one of them we hope we never see in a game.

I do think the South is improved on paper but I think the Colts are better at QB.  Do I have some questions?  Sure I do.  But I’m a glass have full kind of guy and I want to see how the season goes.  All of these mandates in June and July do nothing for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I do think the South is improved on paper but I think the Colts are better at QB.  Do I have some questions?  Sure I do.  But I’m a glass have full kind of guy and I want to see how the season goes.  All of these mandates in June and July do nothing for me.

I am going to let the season play out as well. I think Richardson at best is the second best QB is the division. I am not going to expect huge things from him until I see it on the field for a long time period of time. I just think Ballard has had plenty of time to put a winner on the field and no other organization would have waited this long for him to succeed 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

How bad would it have to get for you to see that a GM should be fired

Honestly---  HOF QB retires at age 30... and you thought our next 5-7 years as a franchise were going to.... what? 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Honestly---  HOF QB retires at age 30... and you thought our next 5-7 years as a franchise were going to.... what? 

That happened 5 or 6 years ago so that is no longer a valid excuse. Had opportunities to take a swing to move up to get a QB but Ballard is to conservative. 

• Confused 1

On 7/13/2024 at 5:00 PM, btownqb said:

What do you mean.. "not work out"... he's already worked out... 

He's a stud. We saw that last year 

No offense but did he finish a game yet? He had injury issues at Florida too. I liked him over Levis and Young in the draft but even I can’t say he is going to work out yet.  Living in Florida even the local sports talent aren’t high on him going back to his time at Florida. He is certainly polarizing. I hope he works out for sure…I don’t want to be in qb hell for another 5-6 years.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2024 at 10:33 PM, dgambill said:

No offense but did he finish a game yet? He had injury issues at Florida too. I liked him over Levis and Young in the draft but even I can’t say he is going to work out yet.  Living in Florida even the local sports talent aren’t high on him going back to his time at Florida. He is certainly polarizing. I hope he works out for sure…I don’t want to be in qb hell for another 5-6 years.

Richardson is a great talent. But the most important ability is availability. 

Stroud doesn’t have to put himself in harm’s way in order to be successful. Jury is out on whether AR can do the same. I truly hope he can. He’s fun to watch. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 4:59 PM, btownqb said:

OL/DL are the most important.. 

Edge isn't a position group, nor are they better than us there. 

The more you and Scott talk the better I feel about the season. 

Do you remember when you two claimed we were a bottom 5 roster last year? 😂😂😂

Do you even have a clue who the Texans start at corner? 

I'm not sure I'd take the Texans QB over ours either :).. it's cute how you two have clung to him though. In all honesty, why don't you guys just root for the Texans? 

Better than solid? Tell your HOF QB not to puss out. 

QB - Stroud > AR

WR - Collins, Dell, Diggs > Pittman, Downs, Mitchell

Edge/DE - Anderson and Hunter > Paye and Latu

CB - Stingley > anyone the Colts have 

But we’ve got them beat at guard, LB and running back!! 

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Not only do we constantly have these Purdue fans throughout our IU message board,…..but one who’s a Titan’s fan on a predominantly pro Colts fan base. 

It never ends…SMH

Who is a Titans fan? This post is about the Texans vs the Colts. As far as I can tell Boiler Sam is a Colts fan 

28 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

What is the over/under for Joe Flacco starts this season?  If AR is ready to start game one, then I say 6. If he isn't, then 9. 

As of now today AR is ready for training camp so he should be the starter unless he gets injured in camp.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

As of now today AR is ready for training camp so he should be the starter unless he gets injured in camp.

That’s the latest talk, but he was also reportedly experiencing soreness in his throwing shoulder as recently as last month. Hopefully he starts the season, but we’ll see how training camp plays out. 

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That’s the latest talk, but he was also reportedly experiencing soreness in his throwing shoulder as recently as last month. Hopefully he starts the season, but we’ll see how training camp plays out. 

He missed the last practice of mini camp but he is good to go