2023 NFL Discussion

rico

14 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Sounds like Steve McMichael and Devin Hester have been selected for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Official announcements are tomorrow night on NFL Network, I will definitely be watching while wearing my Team Mongo t-shirt. 

Don't forget Julius Peppers! Really glad for Mongo that he is elected while still alive. Seeing him in his current state is heartbreaking.

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And I say that in NOT trying to step on any Bears fans toes. I simply don't see that Devin Hester was as good of a football player as Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeney. 

Honestly why do they limit the number of guys who can get in at one time? If it is supposed to be only 5 but 6 or 7 deserve it and get enough votes, why make them wait?

28 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Honestly why do they limit the number of guys who can get in at one time? If it is supposed to be only 5 but 6 or 7 deserve it and get enough votes, why make them wait?

I always felt they should let as many players in a class that deserves to get in. I also think you should be on the ballot just one time. To me if you aren't good enough to get in the first time you aren't any better next year.

6 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Could be worse….could be baseball HOF. NFL isn’t as bad as NBA but they let in plenty. Of course there are a lot more players so that makes sense to have more HOF players.

19 hours ago, btownqb said:

And I say that in NOT trying to step on any Bears fans toes. I simply don't see that Devin Hester was as good of a football player as Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeney. 

Reggie Wayne not getting in has me ticked. No clue why he was snubbed again.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Reggie Wayne not getting in has me ticked. No clue why he was snubbed again.

Underrated like he was his whole career. 

I am just not sure what the knock on him could be? Played with too good of a QB? lol.... I guess one could argue that, but I would say that Harrison, Clark and others also took "stats" from Reggie where other WRs-- Andre Johnson, for example, were force-fed the ball. 

I knew during the Colts hey-day Manning, Clark, Wayne, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders if he had stayed healthy, Adam Vinatieri were HOF (ish).... I didn't know if I truly thought Reggie was a HOF until what he did AFTER Manning left... Reggie put our organization on his back, along with Luck, and got us to the playoffs. That game he had against the Packers was insane. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Underrated like he was his whole career. 

I am just not sure what the knock on him could be? Played with too good of a QB? lol.... I guess one could argue that, but I would say that Harrison, Clark and others also took "stats" from Reggie where other WRs-- Andre Johnson, for example, were force-fed the ball. 

I knew during the Colts hey-day Manning, Clark, Wayne, Freeney, Mathis, Sanders if he had stayed healthy, Adam Vinatieri were HOF (ish).... I didn't know if I truly thought Reggie was a HOF until what he did AFTER Manning left... Reggie put our organization on his back, along with Luck, and got us to the playoffs. That game he had against the Packers was insane. 

I don't like to do Cane on Cane crime either but Reggie has more catches, yards, more TD's, and obviously more playoff wins/Super Bowl over Andre. The upcoming WR's eligible for HOF aren't even near Reggie until we get to Antonio Brown in a few years. Better be in this time next year.

• Like 1

Who we got today? I expect Mahomes to pick apart the 49ers zone scheme unless 49ers do something new they haven't done all year. I expect Sneed to shadow Aiyuk as 49ers move Deebo all over the place. Heavy dose of CMC won't be enough. Kelce will get 10+ catches. Rice 8+

Chiefs 27

49ers 16