2023 NFL Discussion

rico

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And guys… the Colts have been in Indy for 40 years.

Yes there are fans of other teams, but anything within an hour and a half of Indy is going to lean heavily towards the home team.

Having lived in Indy or Denver for my entire life, sans 4 years in Bloomington, my anecdotal experience is we have a higher percentage of Colts fans than Denver does Broncos fans. 

Regardless, I just don’t think this is going to be an issue. Plus, the students will be back on campus, and I would imagine they will be at the basketball game 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Regardless, I just don’t think this is going to be an issue. Plus, the students will be back on campus, and I would imagine they will be at the basketball game 

Students may or may not be back on campus, classes won’t have started yet. Is this game a part of their ticket package? 

Edit: This makes me think no students for Ohio State or Michigan State because of school breaks. 

Edited by KoB2011

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Gotta love the NFL man. They don't shake or give into anything. Brad Allen and his crew from Cowboys/Lions game are assigned the Steelers/Ravens game Saturday. Spotlight again. 

WTF!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Gotta love the NFL man. They don't shake or give into anything. Brad Allen and his crew from Cowboys/Lions game are assigned the Steelers/Ravens game Saturday. Spotlight again. 

Win or lose, isn't the Steelers only chance if the Titans beat the Jaguars?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Win or lose, isn't the Steelers only chance if the Titans beat the Jaguars?

There are 2-3 games that have zero playoff implications this week. IF and that's a big one this crew was going to get a game give them one without any consequences. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Also.. not knowing what Steichen thinks of Ehlinger... and who knows where Minshew ends up after the year (I'd love to just bring him back)...

I'd have no issue drafting Penix 4th rd or later. 

With Richardson being injury prone and unproven, I'd love to see them resign Minshew and draft someone mid draft. If Penix falls that far he'd absolutely be worth taking.

21 minutes ago, ephul said:

With Richardson being injury prone and unproven, I'd love to see them resign Minshew and draft someone mid draft. If Penix falls that far he'd absolutely be worth taking.

Penix has quite the injury proneness, as well. Minshew-- might be a price tag thing. I would expect it to be either/or, I don't think you'd have Ehlinger, Minshew, and Penix. 

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Penix has quite the injury proneness, as well. Minshew-- might be a price tag thing. I would expect it to be either/or, I don't think you'd have Ehlinger, Minshew, and Penix. 

No doubt. But assuming you have a veteran backup as well, I think he's worth rolling the dice on depending on where you can get him.

Will be interesting to see if they carry 3 QBs. I think they pretty much have to. If you get to that 3rd QB in the season and he gets hurt, I think you're just $hit out of luck at that point.

1 minute ago, ephul said:

No doubt. But assuming you have a veteran backup as well, I think he's worth rolling the dice on depending on where you can get him.

Will be interesting to see if they carry 3 QBs. I think they pretty much have to. If you get to that 3rd QB in the season and he gets hurt, I think you're just $hit out of luck at that point.

Oh they'll carry 3... it's just SE is under rookie contract again next year. So, that's why I feel.. AR/SE are locked, Minshew vs. another rookie for the other spot. 

From what I've seen on how the Colts have altered their offense to fit Minshew, Penix could thrive. 

39 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Oh they'll carry 3... it's just SE is under rookie contract again next year. So, that's why I feel.. AR/SE are locked, Minshew vs. another rookie for the other spot. 

From what I've seen on how the Colts have altered their offense to fit Minshew, Penix could thrive. 

With a good line/run game, I think he can stay healthy enough to thrive. He is so good at sensing pressure and moving in the pocket. Very curious where he goes in the draft. I could see a Jalen Hurts type scenario.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I haven't seen a mock where Penix isn't a first rounder. 

NFL teams are notorious for picking QBs in the first round that have no business being drafted in the first round. I would never take Penix in the first. But to each their own. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

NFL teams are notorious for picking QBs in the first round that have no business being drafted in the first round. I would never take Penix in the first. But to each their own. 

Understand for sure but I just don't see him lasting long. Shoot one dark horse (maybe 2nd round if he falls) is Tampa. 

Keep Baker for another year or 2 and transition the hometown kid in down the road. Like you said though NFL teams have that fear of missing out thing down pat....someone like even Atlanta might reach as high as 9.