2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Have to admit with some decent players that defense has started to turn around under Eberflus. Offense is still a mixed bag…but he is a good defensive coach in my opinion. They just better get this qb decision right…I have my doubts about Fields long term but man…their fans don’t derserve ti watch a qb they could have had light it up somewhere else while they toil in mediocrity.

It actually has. Most people don't know who has the #1 D in the league since Week 6 but it's us....and that's mostly because of Flus and the addition of Sweat.

Unless it's Harbaugh or some big name I'm ok with keeping Flus as long as Getsy is gone. If he's not gone that means Flus wants to keep him which I then change my opinion and he can hit the road.

Regarding Fields. We all know the 3-4 scenarios. If I thought Caleb Williams or Maye were so much better the choice is obvious...but I don't think they are. So add the talent in MH Jr or whatever trade partner who will give us the major haul and go from there. We still have Fields under cheap contract for next year minimally. 

Tough one to choose. So many teams will come calling for the 1....and someone will always pay.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

It actually has. Most people don't know who has the #1 D in the league since Week 6 but it's us....and that's mostly because of Flus and the addition of Sweat.

Unless it's Harbaugh or some big name I'm ok with keeping Flus as long as Getsy is gone. If he's not gone that means Flus wants to keep him which I then change my opinion and he can hit the road.

Regarding Fields. We all know the 3-4 scenarios. If I thought Caleb Williams or Maye were so much better the choice is obvious...but I don't think they are. So add the talent in MH Jr or whatever trade partner who will give us the major haul and go from there. We still have Fields under cheap contract for next year minimally. 

Tough one to choose. So many teams will come calling for the 1....and someone will always pay.

I’d personally run back Fields and exercise the option for his fifth year.

If it doesn’t work, you fire Eberflus and the new coach has a year to evaluate if Fields is their guy or not. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I just couldn't bring back Flus based on how unprepared the Bears looked the first few games of the year, in addition to the 3 blown 4th quarter games. Bears have beaten 1 good team this year...Detroit.

I still think if Bears lose badly to GB, Flus will get fired.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I just couldn't bring back Flus based on how unprepared the Bears looked the first few games of the year, in addition to the 3 blown 4th quarter games. Bears have beaten 1 good team this year...Detroit.

I still think if Bears lose badly to GB, Flus will get fired.

I get everything you say as well. As always with the Bears and our organization. More questions vs answers.

2 teams I'm going to keep my eyes on for #1 overall pick who both have players we could potentially use.

Raiders and Saints will be searching for a QB. Raiders have Adams/Crosby and Saints have Olave....maybe there's some trading of picks and those players ala like we did last year for Moore. 

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

What does this have to do with the Bears, Eberflus and their draft options?

You have to stop derailing these threads.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just like the NFL admitted that they missed two calls that cost the Colts the win vs the Briwns

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I get everything you say as well. As always with the Bears and our organization. More questions vs answers.

2 teams I'm going to keep my eyes on for #1 overall pick who both have players we could potentially use.

Raiders and Saints will be searching for a QB. Raiders have Adams/Crosby and Saints have Olave....maybe there's some trading of picks and those players ala like we did last year for Moore. 

Yeah I’m not necessarily opposed to raiders and Crosby for sure. Crosby and sweat on the ends would be phenomenal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Raiders about to score thanks to Speed’s dumb penalty 

And our horrible d coordinator. 3rd and goal from the 4 and you sit back in your famous soft zone and allow McConnell an easy throw for the TD. Lord hope he is gone after this year. Didn't like the hire when it was made

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

And our horrible d coordinator. 3rd and goal from the 4 and you sit back in your famous soft zone and allow McConnell an easy throw for the TD. Lord hope he is gone after this year. Didn't like the hire when it was made

Adams has been pretty much opened the entire game, idk why they they had soft coverage on him. Bradley makes me mad, only reason why he still has a job is the 48 sacks

Edited by Hoosierfan1901