2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That didn’t look like a team that didn’t have full confidence in their coach. Funny they booted Chase Claypool, got rid of a bad assistant, and back to back weeks they’ve performed well (even in a loss last week). Not saying that Eberflus won’t get fired or shouldn’t but they’ve played much better after cleaning up the locker room some…and not getting rid of the coach.

Time will tell. I always wait until the off season to make decisions or opinions on football coaches either pro or college. Right now even after a win I've seen nothing that makes me think Eberflus is the long term answer. Hope he proves me wrong.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Time will tell. I always wait until the off season to make decisions or opinions on football coaches either pro or college. Right now even after a win I've seen nothing that makes me think Eberflus is the long term answer. Hope he proves me wrong.

Well my point was people were saying he lost the locker room and should be fired. My point a couple weeks ago is that they need to fire some players not the coach. If a player has given up on their coach two weeks into a season they need to be moved and are the problem…and I think we are seeing them do this by getting rid of their problem child and sending a message…get on board with the coach or you might go too. It might end up they need to clean house with coach too…I thought it was a bad hire from the start but man if you got grown men two games into the season giving up they aren’t going to be good for the team under any type of leadership.

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Didn't see that one coming but glad cooler heads prevailed. With AR and now you have Taylor....Colts are getting the pieces in place.

With our crappy division, I am homer enough to think we could sneak up and win the division this year. Now if my local affiliates would stop getting assigned Ravens and Bengals games, that would be great. I got the first three but not last week or tomorrow. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Taylor signs 3 year extension with the Colts. Let’s go. 

About time. I almost think we came out better than expected so they said let’s go for this…just wish we done this from the beginning of the season could maybe be 4-0. Feels like this deal has been there from the start.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

About time. I almost think we came out better than expected so they said let’s go for this…just wish we done this from the beginning of the season could maybe be 4-0. Feels like this deal has been there from the start.

He should have proven he was healthy sooner. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Pumped. 

Jelani Woods away from having a lot of pieces offensively. 

I’m not sure he is close to returning. Heard they’ve been less than happy with his conditioning…sucks because he is a huge red zone target.

Edited by dgambill

Just now, dgambill said:

I’m not sure he is close to returning. Heard they’ve been less than happy with his conditioning…sucks because he is a huge red zone target.

That's what I heard, as well. I think the TE room has been solid overall. 

Ogletree is still in his first 5 games. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's what I heard, as well. I think the TE room has been solid overall. 

Ogletree is still in his first 5 games. 

Yeah as well as they’ve played it’s hard to see him getting playing time without an injury or him being really ready to contribute. Gotta earn your pt and sucks he hasn’t put himself in the right place to do that because man he is the prototype TE you want for a qb like AR.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

On some plays I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor and Moss in the back field at the same time. With Richardson and those two back there you could do a lot of different options plays

I’m not sure about those two…now if we still had Hines and could motion him in from the slot or out …ok but yeah not excited to run the new age wishbone with Moss.

Edited by dgambill

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I now wonder what they will do with Pittman's contract. You need to extend him because a franchise tag for WR is around 26mil

No clue but the years and $ that JT got fit in line with what every organization has to do years in advance. Start planning for the 2nd contract if they think they have their guy. AR is off to a good start and still have years to prove but as an organization (at least the smart ones) start planning for that $50M a year hit 3-4 years out.

8 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

With our crappy division, I am homer enough to think we could sneak up and win the division this year. Now if my local affiliates would stop getting assigned Ravens and Bengals games, that would be great. I got the first three but not last week or tomorrow. 

Louisville market is significantly more Bengals than it is Colts.

8 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Maybe it’s just the circles I move in, but I know multiple Colts fans and one Bengals fan. 

More than likely the result of where you are at in the metro area.  Get into Louisville itself or to the east and there are virtually no Cllts fans. 

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1