2023 NFL Discussion

rico

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

https://x.com/British_Raven19/status/1706650298511401073?s=20

Well.. won't load. There are some seriously butthurt Ravens fans over this play. lol 

Ehh…at the time I thought it was unnecessary…I wouldn’t have blamed a lineman for defending him. I thought you were going to link the missed PI call at the end of overtime.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That has been a big improvement…Downs should help a lot if he continues to improve. Having a qb that can extend plays is important…if he improves his accuracy we can be a good team. I love Moss’s physicality but man some of those holes if JT was running through them we could have had huge plays with his breakaway ability. Not optimistic but hopeful we salvage something there…I think they would complement each other well.

Undoubtedly... and maybe even more than truly complementing each other (which they do)... they'd both be fresh. Could you have imagined one of those two with fresh legs in the 4th Q or OT on Sunday? We would have won going away. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It was unnecessary. Franklin isn't there to be nice to anyone. I love it. 

I didn’t think it was worth crying about. I’m sure Richardson will have stuff like that as he runs so much. The PI at the end of the game is what I thought they would cry about. Big game for them this week. Cle & Bal

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

@btownqb even if Baltimore doesn't fair catch the kick and the penalty doesn't happen, the Colts were at the Baltimore 35 with 1:31 to go... so take the 1:20 from those two and we are in field goal range with 10 seconds to go.

I think running 3 seconds off the clock on the kickoff return with no blockers and defenders about 15 yards away when you catch it is a little more challenging than you are admitting - there's a big fumble risk if he tries to stay on his feet that long and we had already forced how many?

I was in favor of SS kicking it deep at the time and it clearly worked out, but to say that we got lucky is saying you think our coach tried to put us in a position we shouldn't have been able to win from. I'm just not buying that at all.

Say they didn't fair catch and ran it back and we're tackled with 1:57 to go . They run the first down play and we call our last time out with 1:52. Second down play the get tackled with 1:47 left. They let the play clock run down to 1 before snapping the ball so that that would be like at 1:08 left so we tackle them at around 1:03 left. So on third down they let the play clock go down to 1 second so that would be around the 28 second mark. We tackle them and can't stop the clock game over

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Say they didn't fair catch and ran it back and we're tackled with 1:57 to go . They run the first down play and we call our last time out with 1:52. Second down play the get tackled with 1:47 left. They let the play clock run down to 1 before snapping the ball so that that would be like at 1:08 left so we tackle them at around 1:03 left. So on third down they let the play clock go down to 1 second so that would be around the 28 second mark. We tackle them and can't stop the clock game over

You’re giving them an extra down…

If they avoided the penalty and somehow ran around for 6 seconds with no blockers like you described, we still get the ball back with ~25 seconds.

It took us 10 seconds to get into field goal range.

If anything, the clock issues at the end, combined with the refs screwing up the sack with 18 seconds left, gave the Ravens a chance to win in regulation they never should have had. The review of the Lamar sack that almost won it for the Ravens was the worst thing the refs did in the game and it isn’t close, by the way. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You’re giving them an extra down…

If they avoided the penalty and somehow ran around for 6 seconds with no blockers like you described, we still get the ball back with ~25 seconds.

It took us 10 seconds to get into field goal range.

If anything, the clock issues at the end, combined with the refs screwing up the sack with 18 seconds left, gave the Ravens a chance to win in regulation they never should have had. The review of the Lamar sack that almost won it for the Ravens was the worst thing the refs did in the game and it isn’t close, by the way. 

No I didn't, you have 40 second play clock and they would run it down to a couple of seconds each time

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Yeah the 3rd down play would happen at around 1:10 in this scenario, so there would be around 30 seconds left if they committed no penalty, since the clock stops after the 4th down play. 

Then you punt and there’s maybe 20 seconds left. 

2 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Yeah the 3rd down play would happen at around 1:10 in this scenario, so there would be around 30 seconds left if they committed no penalty, since the clock stops after the 4th down play. 

Then you punt and there’s maybe 20 seconds left. 

2 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

1st down snapped at 2:00

2nd down snapped at 1:55

3rd down snapped at 1:10

I am talking about if they didn't fair catch the punt. Even if we get the ball back with 20 seconds left we have no shot of getting in FG position 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I am talking about if they didn't fair catch the punt. Even if we get the ball back with 20 seconds left we have no shot of getting in FG position 

If they don’t fair catch: 

1st down snap - 1:57

2nd down snap - 1:52

3rd down snap - 1:07

Then yeah you have maybe 25 seconds when they punt, IF they don’t commit the penalty.

Colts needed the fair catch AND the penalty to stay alive. 

39 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

If they don’t fair catch: 

1st down snap - 1:57

2nd down snap - 1:52

3rd down snap - 1:07

Then yeah you have maybe 25 seconds when they punt, IF they don’t commit the penalty.

Colts needed the fair catch AND the penalty to stay alive. 

Also remember the play clock doesn't start until the official marks the ball in play and not after the play is whistled dead.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

We got in field goal range in ten seconds. It isn’t hypothetical it’s what actually happened from the same spot we would have gotten the ball. 

21 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Right. And you gave them 5 downs to say we wouldn’t get the ball back. 

Did not, I gave them 3

1st down snapped at 1:57, timeout at 1:52

2nd down snapped at 1:52, tackled at 1:48 ball put in play at 1:45, 

3rd down ball snapped at 1:06, tackled at 1:02, ball put in play 59 seconds.

Punt ball snapped at 20 seconds, even if fair catched you are looking at most 15 seconds. Ball game over

Just saying if Baltimore played it right we had very little if any chance to tie the game

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Strange rumor going around that these two are dating.

image.png.5cdf4c368a04d591eb750778c87a8c52.png

My wife has been asking me about Kelce all day on Monday after social media blew up. I told her think of a guy as dumb as Gronk but uglier….she looked him up and couldn’t believe Taylor would date a guy like him…I was like she has a train wreck of a dating life so seems about right to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

My wife has been asking me about Kelce all day on Monday after social media blew up. I told her think of a guy as dumb as Gronk but uglier….she looked him up and couldn’t believe Taylor would date a guy like him…I was like she has a train wreck of a dating life so seems about right to me.

Date a guy that's 6'6 260lbs and I'm sure looks like a freak without his shirt on? Idk.  That seems very much "up the alley" on who celeb women date. 🤷‍♂️

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Date a guy that's 6'6 260lbs and I'm sure looks like a freak without his shirt on? Idk.  That seems very much "up the alley" on who celeb women date. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe….you would think the artistic type that wouldn’t appeal to. I know my wife thinks he is gross but to each their own. She does like taller bigger guys so maybe that is why she likes me but for her…having an intelligent conversation and our shared ethos is why she married me…but I suppose if we are just talking going on a date…you could do worse than tall, muscular, and rich…I guess for someone like Taylor Swift you don’t normally associate them date the football meathead considering kind of how she writes her music and how she presents herself. I do know though…women like all types and thank goodness because us guys for the most part are so ugly we wouldn’t ever find a mate if it was based on looks.

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Did not, I gave them 3

1st down snapped at 1:57, timeout at 1:52

2nd down snapped at 1:52, tackled at 1:48 ball put in play at 1:45, 

3rd down ball snapped at 1:06, tackled at 1:02, ball put in play 59 seconds.

Punt ball snapped at 20 seconds, even if fair catched you are looking at most 15 seconds. Ball game over

Just saying if Baltimore played it right we had very little if any chance to tie the game

I mean you’re wrong and assuming the clock operator cheats.

So to be clear, you think the Colts tried to give the game away by kicking deep and that you understand the rules better than the coaches?

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean you’re wrong and assuming the clock operator cheats.

So to be clear, you think the Colts tried to give the game away by kicking deep and that you understand the rules better than the coaches?

Where did I say that but it was a questionable call and even the announcers were surprised. I said that if the Ravens didn't make those two mistakes the Colts probably would have lost

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Where did I say that but it was a questionable call and even the announcers were surprised. I said that if the Ravens didn't make those two mistakes the Colts probably would have lost

The announcers were idiots. They also thought the Colts should play for a field goal instead of the win after that. Who cares what they thought?

I think it was a significantly higher percentage play than the onside kick and even if it didn't go perfectly, short of the Colts not getting a three and out they were going to get the ball back and have time to tie the game. 

Edited by KoB2011