2023 NFL Discussion

rico

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just doing what the really good WRs do I guess. You'd think being up 2 TD's would make that a behind closed doors conversation though...now all he's done is invited the media into the team to ask about issues.

I feel like stuff like this happens all the time on the sidelines. It’s just now the cameras are looking for it so they can pull some sort of story out of it. I’m sure we’ve all seen the video of Peyton cussing out Jeff Saturday until Tarik Glenn told him to chill out and go sit down. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, btownqb said:

absolutely wild to me. 

Guy had 1500 yards and 11TDs last year, but isn't mentally tough enough to accept a game or two of not getting the ball, overly often. 

As a QB, I'd put up with zero of that. 

As an Eagles fan, I'm not super worried about this moving forward. Hurts and Brown are really good friends and were before Brown even came to Philly, and Hurts is an amazing leader. 

With that said, yeah this was ridiculous bt Brown. Both the Patriots and Vikings have gameplanned to take the Eagles passing game away. Minnesota was literally only rushing 3 guys most of the night and was almost always taking downfield away. 

The Eagles were rightfully so focusing on the running game because of how they were being defended. 

With all of that said and by no means defending Brown, but Hurts has not been as crisp so far this season. He missed a lot of open guys in Week 1, so maybe some of that contributed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

As an Eagles fan, I'm not super worried about this moving forward. Hurts and Brown are really good friends and were before Brown even came to Philly, and Hurts is an amazing leader. 

With that said, yeah this was ridiculous bt Brown. Both the Patriots and Vikings have gameplanned to take the Eagles passing game away. Minnesota was literally only rushing 3 guys most of the night and was almost always taking downfield away. 

The Eagles were rightfully so focusing on the running game because of how they were being defended. 

With all of that said and by no means defending Brown, but Hurts has not been a crisp so far this season. He missed a lot of open guys in Week 1, so maybe some of that contributed. 

Well isn’t this technically his 2nd preseason game? They didn’t play any starters during the preseason did they?

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

With all of that said and by no means defending Brown, but Hurts has not been an crisp so far this season. He missed a lot of open guys in Week 1, so maybe some of that contributed. 

If he's bitching about Hurts missing throws, that's even worse.

"Throw me the damn ball" is bad.

"Throw me the damn ball on target" is next level selfishness.

It's not as if is Hurts is intentionally missing his receivers.

Whatever the case, that kind of stuff needs to be kept behind closed doors.  

Edited by 5fouls

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If he's bitching about Hurts missing throws, that's even worse.

"Throw me the damn ball" is bad.

"Throw me the damn ball on target" is next level selfishness.

It's not as if is Hurts is intentionally missing his receivers.

Whatever the case, that kind of stuff needs to be kept behind closed doors.  

I didn't mean he hasn't been crisp with his throws, meant his reads. 

He's been not seeing guys open downfield. Not that his actual throws have been off. 

8 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Well isn’t this technically his 2nd preseason game? They didn’t play any starters during the preseason did they?

I hear what yoyew saying, but not necessarily how I view it. 

With that said, the Eagles coach did say he might need to rethink not playing starters in the preseason. 

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe so.  My point is that's for the coaches to adrdress with Hurts, not Brown.  

It's for both. I mean, equate to basketball. If my point guard is consistently missing me open, I'm going to let him know. 

I'm not going to just scream at him on the bench like Brown did, but I am going to let him know that he's missing me wide open.

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

It's for both. I mean, equate to basketball. If my point guard is consistently missing me open, I'm going to let him know. 

I'm not going to just scream at him on the bench like Brown did, but I am going to let him know that he's missing me wide open.

Maybe Smith was just doing a better job of getting open downfield.  We can disagree, but I think it reeks of selfishness and bush league.