2023 NFL Discussion

rico

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For the Bears brethren or for anyone who like to break down the plays. This guy is a pretty good follow. Really good breakdown of things. PS....Chase Claypool can take a break if that's the effort he's going to give. 

Claypool has been a joke since he came to Bears. His effort always seems lackluster. His blocking on a screen play from Sunday was atrocious with no effort. Poles got fleeced on this trade. Bears gave up the #32 overall pick in draft for Claypool. He has been one of my least favorite Bears players in recent memory.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Claypool has been a joke since he came to Bears. His effort always seems lackluster. His blocking on a screen play from Sunday was atrocious with no effort. Poles got fleeced on this trade. Bears gave up the #32 overall pick in draft for Claypool. He has been one of my least favorite Bears players in recent memory.

I hate it when former Irish players end up with the Bears and suck.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Colts went 3-13 in Peyton Manning's first year.  

Polian was in his first year as GM.

Ballard is in year 7. 

Edit: and if you like Williams better than AR as a prospect, you take him. Just like the Bears could have/should have done this year with Young/AR/Stroud.

Edited by Boiler Sam
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Ballard is in year 7. 

Edit: and if you like Williams better than AR as a prospect, you take him. Just like the Bears could have/should have done this year with Young/AR/Stroud.

I think it was debatable with Fields (although I am not a big fan). If AR can net you a first rd back still then make the move if you love Williams. It’s why Arizona should take him and then figure out a way to move Murray. If you have someone you think is can’t miss….you take them. Don’t let a previous mistake worse by doubling down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Ballard is in year 7. 

I was as much of a doubter as you in regards to drafting AR. Proof is still yet to be determined, but he has shown more promise than I originally anticipated. So, if he continues to progress then no, you don't give up on the 4th pick of the draft after one year for someone who may be better, but has never played a down in the NFL. 

There are multiple holes on the Colts' roster. Address those. Give AR 3 years to prove out or not. There will be more guys coming along if he's not the answer.

• Like 3

On 9/12/2023 at 1:09 PM, Boiler Sam said:

Hulls now hurt and will miss some time.

Jackson sucks, the OL is still overpaid and overrated, and Zach Moss is still out. 

WRs are meh. At best.

Ballard has really set Richardson up for success. 

Top qb picks usually don’t go to good situations…those teams aren’t in position to draft high. I don’t blame Ballard for putting Richardson in that situation…but I’m sure you could blame him for putting the team in it. 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I was as much of a doubter as you in regards to drafting AR. Proof is still yet to be determined, but he has shown more promise than I originally anticipated. So, if he continues to progress then no, you don't give up on the 4th pick of the draft after one year for someone who may be better, but has never played a down in the NFL. 

There are multiple holes on the Colts' roster. Address those. Give AR 3 years to prove out or not. There will be more guys coming along if he's not the answer.

So if we had drafted AR and the next year a guy like AL/PM was sitting there you are going to pass on him? Williams is considered comparable to those guys as far as can’t miss. If AR still holds promise you should be able to get a nice pick for him anyways.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I do like AR, he’s the only difference maker that they have on offense. 

But if you really believe Williams is in the Mahomes/Burrow category, (and I do) you take him and trade AR. (Assuming you don’t believe AR to be in that category. I put his upside more in the Herbert/Cam range myself)

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 8:21 AM, FritzIam4IU said:

He was a joke before the Bears, too. The biggest joke was the Bears trading a second for him. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

He was a joke before the Bears, too. The biggest joke was the Bears trading a second for him. 

One of the very few miscues that Poles has made and at the time I didn't mind it. We got back a 2nd for Roquan and rolled the dice. So far it's backfired but given the talk this week he might be a healthy scratch. Eberflus usually doesn't talk about players in public but he didn't shy away from Claypool this week so far.

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

One of the very few miscues that Poles has made and at the time I didn't mind it. We got back a 2nd for Roquan and rolled the dice. So far it's backfired but given the talk this week he might be a healthy scratch. Eberflus usually doesn't talk about players in public but he didn't shy away from Claypool this week so far.

I think that Bears defense could use Jalen Carter too, we shall see how not getting him works out.