2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I think the issue is Chase will be up eligible for extension next year too. I think they will put money into the offense and just try to out score opponents and scheme up the defense. Could see them extend Chase…tag Higgins and give that window one more good year after this. Hard to keep two high priced receivers…keep the elite Chase and draft Higgins replacement.

They may have already done that by drafting Andrei Iosivas...6'3" 212 lbs...superior athlete the Bengals are very high on right now.  We'll see how it plays out.  

• Like 1

I’d be surprised if Tee doesn’t extend with Cincy.  He’s a number one receiver and that’s the heart of Cincy’s team. Can’t break that up even if the two receivers together cost $47M as projected.  This is how the Bengals win.   May be the best team in the league now.  Why?   Burrow plus Chase and Tee.   No other answer to that question.  Can’t break up the winning edge.  

If Tee leaves, he could go to a ton of teams and become numerous uno receiver.  He’d put up numbers.   It’s not just due to Burrow and Chase across from.  Don’t kid yourself.  Buffalo would love him. KC.  Go down the teams in the league and he’d kill.  He might be the most under-appreciated player in the league.   I don’t think Cincy lets their edge get away.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

6 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’d be surprised if Tee doesn’t extend with Cincy.  He’s a number one receiver and that’s the heart of Cincy’s team. Can’t break that up even if the two receivers together cost $47M as projected.  This is how the Bengals win.   May be the best team in the league now.  Why?   Burrow plus Chase and Tee.   No other answer to that question.  Can’t break up the winning edge.  

If Tee leaves, he could go to a ton of teams and become numerous uno receiver.  He’d put up numbers.   It’s not just due to Burrow and Chase across from.  Don’t kid yourself.  Buffalo would love him. KC.  Go down the teams in the league and he’d kill.  He might be the most under-appreciated player in the league.   I don’t think Cincy lets their edge get away.  

If that combo was all it took to win Super Bowls the Colts would have had 6 or 7. Well…maybe if that Colt team played during these rules…but still it takes more than two great receivers and a HOF Qb…

I think Higgins is great but he is replaceable….it’s easy to look like a #1 when your teammate takes the best coverage and attention away.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

If that combo was all it took to win Super Bowls the Colts would have had 6 or 7. Well…maybe if that Colt team played during these rules…but still it takes more than two great receivers and a HOF Qb…

I think Higgins is great but he is replaceable….it’s easy to look like a #1 when your teammate takes the best coverage and attention away.

I concede your point regarding the Colts.  But, don't underestimate Tee.  He would be the #1 on 23 or 24 of the teams in the league, if not more.  The odds that the Bengals can 'replace' him during teh draft are slim.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

I didn’t say that’s all it takes.  But that’s their edge.  You break that up and it’s going to be a problem.