2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Insane what these officials are letting the Chiefs LT get away with in this game. He's lined up like 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage and false starting on every passing play, but not a single call. 

The NBC former official that they bring on even said its a blatant unfair advantage and penalty every time. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Well no…but he wants to go this year…so what better way then to pull an Eli, go number 1 get the money now, and force your way to your desired destination…if they don’t trade he goes back and Cards lose their pick….that would be devastating and they couldn’t afford that…so they have to give in. If he doesn’t come out he could still end up in the same situation next year.

Once he enters the draft, he can’t go back to play in college. Unless there’s a waiver or rule change. Which I wouldn’t put past the NCAA. 

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There's been rumors but if I'm the Chiefs this morning I'm on the horn with Bucs and start the Mike Evans talks. 

Amazing they just won a Super Bowl and that entire WR room just isn't good.

He obviously isn't Mike Evans, but there has been rumblings about the Bears being willing to trade Darnell Mooney as well. I think Mooney has been frustrated with the Bears for not negotiating new deal/extension, and with Moore as their new #1 receiver, and Claypool and Scott in the mix, the Bears might be willing to swap him for draft picks or a lineman.

Mooney looks like he would be the #1 receiver in KC.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

He obviously isn't Mike Evans, but there has been rumblings about the Bears being willing to trade Darnell Mooney as well. I think Mooney has been frustrated with the Bears for not negotiating new deal/extension, and with Moore as their new #1 receiver, and Claypool and Scott in the mix, the Bears might be willing to swap him for draft picks or a lineman.

Mooney looks like he would be the #1 receiver in KC.

If Poles can get something for him I'd have no problem letting him go....he can go hang out with buddy Nagy.

6 minutes ago, rico said:

Higgins may need to decide whether it's better to play in Cincy with Burrow at a reduced rate, or play somewhere like New England with the likes of Mac Jones at full value.  

I'm not saying he should let the Bengals shaft him, but he needs to be careful not to go to a career diminishing situation either.  An extra 5 million now may be meaningless if you play your next contract with a sub-par QB.

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Higgins may need to decide whether it's better to play in Cincy with Burrow at a reduced rate, or play somewhere like New England with the likes of Mac Jones at full value.  

I'm not saying he should let the Bengals shaft him, but he needs to be careful not to go to a career diminishing situation either.  An extra 5 million now may be meaningless if you play your next contract with a sub-par QB.

Or, he could find his way to someplace like Kansas City that clearly needs help at the receiver position 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rico said:

At this point, not sure if it's a problem.  It's understandable why someone would think this when you look at the Bengals history with regards to players and contracts.  But Burrow has made it known that he wanted a contract that would allow his teammates to remain with him.  No details regarding the structure of his contract have come out.  The Brown family love Burrow.  Joe wants to win and they know he needs great receivers to win.  Guess we will have to wait and see.

5 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

At this point, not sure if it's a problem.  It's understandable why someone would think this when you look at the Bengals history with regards to players and contracts.  But Burrow has made it known that he wanted a contract that would allow his teammates to remain with him.  No details regarding the structure of his contract have come out.  The Brown family love Burrow.  Joe wants to win and they know he needs great receivers to win.  Guess we will have to wait and see.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/he-got-the-short-end-of-the-stick-all-eyes-are-on-tee-higgins-now-that-joe-burrows-deal-is-done

3 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I think the issue is Chase will be up eligible for extension next year too. I think they will put money into the offense and just try to out score opponents and scheme up the defense. Could see them extend Chase…tag Higgins and give that window one more good year after this. Hard to keep two high priced receivers…keep the elite Chase and draft Higgins replacement.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1