2023 NFL Discussion

rico

52 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They have like 200m worth of ties. 

Sunk cost. You don’t pass up on what you think is a once in a generation talent just because you have a bad qb owed money. Don’t compound a bad decision with a worse one. Move on. Who knows maybe someone takes him off their hands. Take that other draft pick and give someone a first to take him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sunk cost. You don’t pass up on what you think is a once in a generation talent just because you have a bad qb owed money. Don’t compound a bad decision with a worse one. Move on. Who knows maybe someone takes him off their hands. Take that other draft pick and give someone a first to take him.

Cardinals have already shown that they will draft QB even when they have one. They drafted Rosen and the next year Murray. I just think they would pick Williams 1 and then the best player available which would be Harrison Jr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I threw up in my mouth more than a little bit when I read this today…

The Cleveland Browns named Deshaun Watson one of their captains. 

I hope they go 0-17.

And have Indy lose out on a chance to get MHjr!!  You must be a Bears fan.   LOL  😂😂😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Throw the number 1 pick they got from Houston in to get a team to take him. Clear your books and someone will be desperate for a qb and will take the pick…

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/will-business-considerations-keep-the-cardinals-from-playing-kyler-murray-in-2023

Cardinals have several reasons not to play Murray this year. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Throw the number 1 pick they got from Houston in to get a team to take him. Clear your books and someone will be desperate for a qb and will take the pick…

That's not a move you see a lot in the NFL, but it honestly could be more valuable than whatever they could get for the pick....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

With NIL you can actually do that. The idea that you won’t sign your contract and will go back for another year with NIL money is a real deal. The Cardinals would lose their rights to him so he could essentially force a trade from them…Ala Manning

He wouldn’t be in the draft at all in this scenario, right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

He wouldn’t be in the draft at all in this scenario, right?

Well no…but he wants to go this year…so what better way then to pull an Eli, go number 1 get the money now, and force your way to your desired destination…if they don’t trade he goes back and Cards lose their pick….that would be devastating and they couldn’t afford that…so they have to give in. If he doesn’t come out he could still end up in the same situation next year.