2023 NFL Discussion

rico

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So.... when JT's agents used the words "the Colts aren't acting in good faith".... he literally meant, "pay my client, who is an injured RB, and gamble if he'll stay healthy after not being healthy last year and having offseason surgery that he is still not healthy from" 

ABSOLUTELY WILD STANCE. And the national media has somehow painted this on Irsay/Ballard. 

😆

If JT and his agent are such knuckleheads, you’d think the Colts brainiac GM would have taken whatever draft pick he could get for him. 

It’s clear JT will do whatever it takes to make the colts not want to franchise him next spring. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Regardless, he was in the seat, knows how things work, and understands negotiating with agents and players. I would much rather listen to an experienced opinion than to guys who have never been in the position Bill was in.

I also think the leverage here means the bridge hasn’t been burned. JT can throw whatever tantrum he wants, but we can make him play for us for the next three years regardless.

If he wants a long term contract that isn’t year to year, he needs to get healthy and perform. He has no leverage. 

• Like 2

Just dropping this in the correct thread this time (thanks @rico) to timestamp it. I had a random dream last night that the Dolphins won the Super Bowl this year. 

Not sure where it came from, I'm not a Dolphins fan, my team (Eagles) isn't a rival, and I have no connection to even caring about or following them. 

But if it happens, I'll let you guys know the lottery numbers too 🤣.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

If JT and his agent are such knuckleheads, you’d think the Colts brainiac GM would have taken whatever draft pick he could get for him. 

It’s clear JT will do whatever it takes to make the colts not want to franchise him next spring. 

I don’t think he can do anything. He has no leverage and it’s very obvious based on how this past week played out.

Hes not getting out of Indy anytime soon unless the Colts get a healthy return. The Colts are better off rolling the dice with him with no long term money tied up than getting pennies on the dollar. 

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

I think the Colts are doing exactly what they should. 

• Like 3

Ballard is hoping to get JT back on board. He wants to salvage things and the Colts aren’t against paying him eventually but they also want to see how things look with Richardson and the new coaching staff before they lock him up. He also want an unrealistic amount of money that no team will pay him so that’s a problem as well. 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I expect some unexpected wins but mostly a lot of losses this year. Would love to end up like 3rd/4th pick or something and land Harrison Jr.

Might need to get to #2 for Harrison Jr.  There is a chance for the Cardinals to have the top two picks if Houston has the first or second worst record. If they do they would pick Williams and Harrison Jr.

SIAP I don’t follow this thread, but reading where Joe Montana named his GOAT QB! I will always think of him as the GOAT mostly because I remember how badly he was used in his early years at ND and what he accomplished there and after! Got to say though, I can’t really disagree with his choice. I remember when Marino was in college how much risk he took challenging the defenders. I thought he would be a bust when he got to the NFL and the defenders were that much better! Boy, was I wrong!!

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Might need to get to #2 for Harrison Jr.  There is a chance for the Cardinals to have the top two picks if Houston has the first or second worst record. If they do they would pick Williams and Harrison Jr.

Maybe. Or they trade #2 for a kings ransom to a team that is in love with Maye.