2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Heard the NFL radio net work the Colts are still negotiating with the dolphins to trade Johnathan Taylor report. Suggest that the Colts won Jaylen waddle is part of that tree package.

Cant see a scenario of a package involving Waddle.  How does that make the Dolphins better?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Looking at the Colts’ 53 man roster, they only kept 4 WRs yet they kept 5 TEs? Only 3 backs as well. 
Kind of a strange mix of skill players Imo 

After evaluating their personnel, the coaching staff concluded that their best offense is a single wing with three TEs in the backfield with Richardson as lead blocker. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

After evaluating their personnel, the coaching staff concluded that their best offense is a single wing with three TEs in the backfield with Richardson as lead blocker. 

Colts down to 3WR after waiving McKenzie

All I have to say is Ballard is an idiot 

Eight former Hoosiers are on NFL rosters after the cuts, including:

– OL Dan Feeney, Chicago Bears (7th season, 2017, 3rd-round draft pick)

– TE Peyton Hendershot, Dallas Cowboys (2nd season, 2022, undrafted)

– TE Ian Thomas, Carolina Panthers (6th season, 2018, 4th-round draft pick)

– WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine, Tennessee Titans (4th season, 2020, undrafted)

– OL Caleb Jones, Green Bay Packers (2nd season, 2022, undrafted)

– LB Micah McFadden, New York Giants (2nd season, 2022, 5th-round draft pick)

– S Raheem Layne, Los Angeles Chargers (2nd season, 2022, undrafted)

– LB Cam Jones, Kansas City Chiefs (Rookie, 2023, undrafted)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm saying the Colts tagged arguable on their best RB's ever....so while JT is promising he isn't in Edge category so the tag will be used without a thought.

Do I think JT is worth $10M? When healthy and before this stuff yes. Right now? He has to show me.

Edge is irrelevant. His rookie year was the year JT was born. That was lifetimes ago in NFL years. 

The tag will be the MINIMUM JT plays for next year. And he won’t like it if it happens. He would love for the Colts to NOT tag him, and let him hit the open market. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Good stuff.  I would say that Layne was never a big name when he was here, but he always popped out to me on the field.  I am glad to see him make it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Cant see a scenario of a package involving Waddle.  How does that make the Dolphins better?

The report was that the Colts asked for Waddle.

JT's agent is feeding Stephen Holder what their camp wants out there, this Waddle story included.

The Colts don't want to trade JT, they want him to show he is healthy and then perform so they can extend him. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Ryder Anderson made the Giants practice squad.
Tegray Scales made the Bengals practice squad.
Coy Cronk made the Jags practice squad.
Raheem Layne made the Chargers practice squad
Caleb Jones made the Packers practice squad
M. McCarey-Ball made the 49ers practice squad.
Tiawan Mullen signed to Eagles practice squad

Edited by OGIUAndy

2 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

Edge is irrelevant. His rookie year was the year JT was born. That was lifetimes ago in NFL years. 

The tag will be the MINIMUM JT plays for next year. And he won’t like it if it happens. He would love for the Colts to NOT tag him, and let him hit the open market. 

I can tell you've never owned a company....or anything. The point was the Colts tagged one of their best ever RB's....with far much production. JT doesn't have a leg to stand on. PS...if JT doesn't play 8 games this year it will be 2026 until he can be free. 

8 games this year or the clock rolls back. JT has zero leverage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I can tell you've never owned a company....or anything. The point was the Colts tagged one of their best ever RB's....with far much production. JT doesn't have a leg to stand on. PS...if JT doesn't play 8 games this year it will be 2026 until he can be free. 

8 games this year or the clock rolls back. JT has zero leverage.

LOL, OK. 

So you’re saying that because a couple decades ago the Colts tagged a running back who was better than JT, that they won’t tag JT? 

Do you realize that the RB tag was over twice as high in 2005 than it is now, as a percentage of the total cap? 

I was listening to Bill Polian talk last night about the JT situation. He said that per league rules, teams can request to review the player's medical information, if the player okays the request. In this case, it would probably be approved if it were a team that he wanted to be traded to. The team is not allowed to work him out, thus they would be going into any deal not completely blindly, but with only the med reports.

I can't imagine any team making that kind of decision based solely on a medical report/evaluation. He is going to have to get healthy enough to get back on the field so that there is film to support any decision to acquire him. 

I have listened to several guys talk about this situation. I respect Polian more than any of the others. He has the strongest opinion that the bridge hasn't been completely burned by Irsay, and that there is still a chance that the Colts can sign JT to a long term deal. On the other hand, both Mike Florio from NBC Sports and Ed McCaffrey who is one of the hosts on the NFL Radio Network, both feel that too much damage has been done, and that the Colts should do what they can to get the best return on a trade. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I was listening to Bill Polian talk last night about the JT situation. He said that per league rules, teams can request to review the player's medical information, if the player okays the request. In this case, it would probably be approved if it were a team that he wanted to be traded to. The team is not allowed to work him out, thus they would be going into any deal not completely blindly, but with only the med reports.

I can't imagine any team making that kind of decision based solely on a medical report/evaluation. He is going to have to get healthy enough to get back on the field so that there is film to support any decision to acquire him. 

I have listened to several guys talk about this situation. I respect Polian more than any of the others. He has the strongest opinion that the bridge hasn't been completely burned by Irsay, and that there is still a chance that the Colts can sign JT to a long term deal. On the other hand, both Mike Florio from NBC Sports and Ed McCaffrey who is one of the hosts on the NFL Radio Network, both feel that too much damage has been done, and that the Colts should do what they can to get the best return on a trade. 

Polian was great as a GM, but he also advised Irsay that the Reich/Ballard tandem was the answer. 

5 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Polian was great as a GM, but he also advised Irsay that the Reich/Ballard tandem was the answer. 

Regardless, he was in the seat, knows how things work, and understands negotiating with agents and players. I would much rather listen to an experienced opinion than to guys who have never been in the position Bill was in.

So.... when JT's agents used the words "the Colts aren't acting in good faith".... he literally meant, "pay my client, who is an injured RB, and gamble if he'll stay healthy after not being healthy last year and having offseason surgery that he is still not healthy from" 

ABSOLUTELY WILD STANCE. And the national media has somehow painted this on Irsay/Ballard. 

😆

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The bridge would have been burnt by JT, not Irsay. 

Florio and EM are guessing. They have no clue. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Regardless, he was in the seat, knows how things work, and understands negotiating with agents and players. I would much rather listen to an experienced opinion than to guys who have never been in the position Bill was in.

my point is that he’s biased towards a guy he recommended to irsay.

• Confused 1