2023 NFL Discussion

rico

10 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

It'll be forgotten if he gets healthy and performs, and he'll get the long term deal he wants. Likely something in the 4/56M with like half of it guaranteed knowing Irsay.

JT ain't going anywhere if he is performing and we don't want him to. 

Yeah, he wouldn't be ostracized in the locker room or anything. Players underatand what he's doing and that he's just trying to get paid. They all get that this is a business, probably NFL players more than any other sport. 

They'd welcome him back with open arms. 

• Like 1

No deal. First glance I see only a few ways this can now play out. Colts find a trade partner by 10/31. Only way the market improves though is if an injury happens to a team that is all in this year. Borderline playoff teams won't make a move for JT but let's say a team like Eagles lose Swift....or Cowboys lose Pollard or whoever...

Second way is if JT smartens up and comes back for week 5 and runs his tail off to earn the contract. The third way?? Colts keep waiting until next offseason before tagging him (they won't do that)...

Just a shame all the way around. 

So, Colts fans. Consider this lingers to the point where Taylor does not play a down for the Colts this season.  Assume any trade will be for draft picks and not include a player.  Which option would you prefer?

• Roll with Moss, Jackson, etc.
  • Kareem 'The Woman Kicker', Hunt
  • Slim Lenny Fournette

Edited by 5fouls

12 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, Colts fans. Consider this lingers to the point where Taylor does not play a down for the Colts this season.  Assume any trade will be for draft picks and not include a player.  Which option would you prefer?

• Slim Lenny Fournette

I know who I'm rolling with fantasy but as it relates to this section of the board. This year was and still is nothing more than getting AR ready for down the road. Find a back who can handle the load on the cheap and roll with it. 

PS if I understand things correctly. If JT is on PUP all year...none of this offseason contractually happened. Starts all over next summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rico said:

And just in case nobody remembers....Jacobs, Barley, and Derrick Henry are free agents next year. Good luck JT. Your best move is swallow the ego/pride and work your tail off in week 5 and pray the Colts want to sign you because if not you won't be getting anything better next year.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

• Slim Lenny Fournette

Whatever option gets us another Top 5 pick

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I've never seen anything like the NYG WR room... 

Hyatt, Wandale, Parris Campbell, Darius Slayton, and Sterling Shepherd 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They're all the same player.  

Good point.  I like a receiver room with different body types. The big guy, the smaller, elusive guy, the possession guy, the speed demon, the crafty route runner etc.  You will find mismatches. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

No deal. First glance I see only a few ways this can now play out. Colts find a trade partner by 10/31. Only way the market improves though is if an injury happens to a team that is all in this year. Borderline playoff teams won't make a move for JT but let's say a team like Eagles lose Swift....or Cowboys lose Pollard or whoever...

Second way is if JT smartens up and comes back for week 5 and runs his tail off to earn the contract. The third way?? Colts keep waiting until next offseason before tagging him (they won't do that)...

Just a shame all the way around. 

Why don’t we think the Colts will tag him? I absolutely think that’s on the table if he performs and is still being a doo doo head.

I know the Colts don’t historically use the tag, but they historically don’t have to because they take care of their own. The fact that they do take care of their own and JT is doing this make it all the worse for him. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

• Slim Lenny Fournette

Roll with what we have. That’s a no brainer IMO. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Looking at the Colts’ 53 man roster, they only kept 4 WRs yet they kept 5 TEs? Only 3 backs as well. 
Kind of a strange mix of skill players Imo 

That will change in the next 24 hours because they probably will bring in 3-5 players off the waiver wire

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Why don’t we think the Colts will tag him? I absolutely think that’s on the table if he performs and is still being a doo doo head.

I know the Colts don’t historically use the tag, but they historically don’t have to because they take care of their own. The fact that they do take care of their own and JT is doing this make it all the worse for him. 

Colts tagged Edge....JT isn't even in the conversation in terms of the tag. Colts have to eventually evaluate the what they get vs what they give away valuation. 

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Colts tagged Edge....JT isn't even in the conversation in terms of the tag. Colts have to eventually evaluate the what they get vs what they give away valuation. 

The tag would definitely be an option. Are you saying he’s not worth $10 million for a season?

Keep in mind they’re paying a guard and an off ball linebacker twice that…

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

The tag would definitely be an option. Are you saying he’s not worth $10 million for a season?

Keep in mind they’re paying a guard and an off ball linebacker twice that…

I'm saying the Colts tagged arguable on their best RB's ever....so while JT is promising he isn't in Edge category so the tag will be used without a thought.

Do I think JT is worth $10M? When healthy and before this stuff yes. Right now? He has to show me.

On 8/25/2023 at 6:23 PM, Seeking6 said:

Of course Trey Lance is now a Cowboy. Here's a kid who was acquired for 3 1's and whatever else and now heads to Dallas (who already has a good backup qb) to what? Rebuild himself?

Never underestimate Jerry's lack of emotional intelligence to want to maybe stick it to the 49ers.

A 4th round pick is squat if you think you are getting your future starter.    Maybe Dak is up against the wall.  He has had plenty of chances but always comes up short on game winning playoff drives.  Dak will soon be asking for even more money.  Maybe time to move on if it is same ol' story this year.  Dak is a class act but game winning drives in playoffs aren't happening. Kellen Moore was the scapegoat last off season.  We'll see.