2023 NFL Discussion

rico

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Of course Trey Lance is now a Cowboy. Here's a kid who was acquired for 3 1's and whatever else and now heads to Dallas (who already has a good backup qb) to what? Rebuild himself?

Never underestimate Jerry's lack of emotional intelligence to want to maybe stick it to the 49ers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I guess one thing that is really impressive is the 49ers and Shanahan have traded 3 1's for Trey Lance and have been in back to back NFC Championship games. Most organizations miss on a QB and move that many 1's are crippled for years.

One of those picks ended up being Micah Parsons. Can you imagine…

• Like 2

Two backs have signed deals in the past month for significantly less annual on a one year than JT is asking for a multi year deal, and he won’t even let the Colts medical staff look at him still. And those two backs would probably rank higher on most people’s running back rank than JT.

I get that he is a little younger than those two, but not a good look for JT right now. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Two backs have signed deals in the past month for significantly less annual on a one year than JT is asking for a multi year deal, and he won’t even let the Colts medical staff look at him still. And those two backs would probably rank higher on most people’s running back rank than JT.

I get that he is a little younger than those two, but not a good look for JT right now. 

JT and his agent have handled things very poorly. He has had an unrealistic number all along and the Colts had no intentions on signing him long term until next year. JT would be better off if he had a real agent instead of the clown he’s got.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

It’s possible, but Drake was fourth on the depth chart even with JT and Moss out so I don’t think he was making the roster regardless.

And I would think we are keeping 4 tight ends and 3 QBs, so running back roster spots start becoming limited in a hurry. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, DC2345 said:

JT and his agent have handled things very poorly. He has had an unrealistic number all along and the Colts had no intentions on signing him long term until next year. JT would be better off if he had a real agent instead of the clown he’s got.

If I'm reading the rules correctly JT needs 8 games this year to become a free agent in 2024. If things aren't decided by tomorrow the Colts "could" do him a little dirty this year. I mean that's what I would be inferring a polite way to team JT and the Dolphins.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If I'm reading the rules correctly JT needs 8 games this year to become a free agent in 2024. If things aren't decided by tomorrow the Colts "could" do him a little dirty this year. I mean that's what I would be inferring a polite way to team JT and the Dolphins.

I don't think that really comes into play, JT isn't holding out right now, he's hurt.

We can all pontificate on if he is actually hurt, but the reality is he is on PUP, not holding out. 

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The Colts can tag him the next two years if they want

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't think that really comes into play, JT isn't holding out right now, he's hurt.

We can all pontificate on if he is actually hurt, but the reality is he is on PUP, not holding out. 

Correct. And he can play the “I’m not 100%” game all year, as long as he plays just enough to show he’s still got it.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:21 AM, DC2345 said:

Exactly! I can't believe that he has been asking/expecting or wanting more money especially coming off an ankle injury. Yes, he was an absolute stud his first year, but handing out more money to a player just because what you did one year and what you say you will do again is not going to cut it. The Colts are completely in the right on this one. JMO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Exactly! I can't believe that he has been asking/expecting or wanting more money especially coming off an ankle injury. Yes, he was an absolute stud his first year, but handing out more money to a player just because what you did one year and what you say you will do again is not going to cut it. The Colts are completely in the right on this one. JMO

He had two really good years.

1st he had over 1200 yards and didn't even start until half way through the season.

2nd 1800 yards and 2200 yards from scrimmage 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Who should we believe?

image.png.48a8c4716d83f26617ae415c651ee43c.png

image.png.c7fde562103d90ef278b52a06ca92e90.png

Schefter…

It’s so obvious what is going on. An injured JT doesn’t have more value than Ekeler, Jacobs, or Barkley.

Dude needs to get healthy and perform. He is going to look like such a fraud if he can’t do that after this saga. 

If JT doesn't get traded, as it appears to be leaning that way,.....what is his next step? I mean, if I'm the current Colts players, I would be thinking things like, "This dude doesn't want to be here or around this team, Money is more important too him, etc......" I would think he has totally ostracized himself. If he has to stay, he has to get healthy and perform.

If and when he gets healthy AND he performs like we have seen him do, do we try to keep him and pay him or let him go. It reminds me of the Pacers. Weren't there talks of Turner wanting to be traded from the Pacers and then things turned around and he eventually got paid and wanted to stay?

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

If JT doesn't get traded, as it appears to be leaning that way,.....what is his next step? I mean, if I'm the current Colts players, I would be thinking things like, "This dude doesn't want to be here or around this team, Money is more important too him, etc......" I would think he has totally ostracized himself. If he has to stay, he has to get healthy and perform.

If and when he gets healthy AND he performs like we have seen him do, do we try to keep him and pay him or let him go. It reminds me of the Pacers. Weren't there talks of Turner wanting to be traded from the Pacers and then things turned around and he eventually got paid and wanted to stay?

It'll be forgotten if he gets healthy and performs, and he'll get the long term deal he wants. Likely something in the 4/56M with like half of it guaranteed knowing Irsay.

JT ain't going anywhere if he is performing and we don't want him to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

It'll be forgotten if he gets healthy and performs, and he'll get the long term deal he wants. Likely something in the 4/56M with like half of it guaranteed knowing Irsay.

JT ain't going anywhere if he is performing and we don't want him to. 

That was my take and argument. If he stays and performs well, we should want him to stay as well as him wanting to stay a Colt too. Then the Colts can pay him AFTER the season is over if they see fit. 

• Like 1