2023 NFL Discussion

rico

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Colts are giving Taylor permission to seek a trade. I really hate it came to this because Taylor is my favorite player on the team.  He is the only playmaker we have on offense offense and he would really help Richardson get comfortable being a be QB.

I hear the Colts asking price is a 1st or a package of picks that has a first round value. I don't see anyone giving up a first for him unless a lot ean thinks he is a missing piece to helping them win a championship.  I read that Miami would be interested and that offense would be scary with Taylor. If they can get close to what Carolina got for McCaffrey that would be a good get.

Will be interesting how Taylor will explain how is still injured because he can't he traded while on the PUP list. If somehow they find a trade he will have to show he is healthy. All of this happens it will show that Taylor wasn't really injured just disgruntled 

Here's the list of teams willing to give a first round pick and make him the highest paid back.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Boiler Sam said:

If his agent is asking for more than 3 for 36, I wouldn’t trade anything for him. 

Ironically two teams that could make sense would be Bears and Carolina with the Reich connection. Only problem on the latter is they don't have a 1 next year (Bears have that). Regarding Bears we have 2 1's next year and the cap space. 

Just a shame though for the Colts. You finally draft your qb to pair with JT and now all of this. 

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ironically two teams that could make sense would be Bears and Carolina with the Reich connection. Only problem on the latter is they don't have a 1 next year (Bears have that). Regarding Bears we have 2 1's next year and the cap space. 

Just a shame though for the Colts. You finally draft your qb to pair with JT and now all of this. 

I have seen some "experts" saying the Bucs and Dolphins as well.

8 minutes ago, rico said:

I have seen some "experts" saying the Bucs and Dolphins as well.

I could see the Dolphins for sure. Bucs I don't know. Can't get a feel for their organization right now. They have White on the cheap for 2 more seasons. 

Unless some offer comes out of nowhere I think the Colts are trying to show JT what the NFL thinks of his value....not just them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

He obviously can’t say this, but I predict his “injury” will heal up nicely with a new contract. 

Yeah, that's probably true.

You still have to find someone to extend him and pay the Colts a fair value for JT with a long-term contract in place. 

I think the Colts are playing this really well; JT is either going to see how off he is on how he values himself, or the Colts will get a high draft pick for him. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I disagree on the Bears - ya'll have three good options at running back. Why would you pay a first and a big contract to JT? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I disagree on the Bears - ya'll have three good options at running back. Why would you pay a first and a big contract to JT? 

I agree. I love our stable of backs for sure. I'm just saying in the 1 year rental market. Poles won't pay certain positions for the long term and if Fields plays well this year we have to start arranging cap space for him next offseason.

Bears speculation on my part is 1 year only. Of course the Bears could do something like trade Herbert and a late pick?? Just speculating. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree.  And I will also add that I don't think the Bears utilized Herbert enough last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I agree. I love our stable of backs for sure. I'm just saying in the 1 year rental market. Poles won't pay certain positions for the long term and if Fields plays well this year we have to start arranging cap space for him next offseason.

Bears speculation on my part is 1 year only. Of course the Bears could do something like trade Herbert and a late pick?? Just speculating. 

I am all for the Colts getting Herbert.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I would not be happy if the Bears traded for Taylor, even if it was Herbert and a later round pick. I want to stick with what we have and I think Roschon Johnson will be a stud. 

I can't get over the health question marks about Taylor. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So, is he ready to play?  And, if so, will he be playing while any trade negotiations are ongoing.  

Asking for someone who selected him last night in a Fantasy Draft.  

Haha good question. 

Truly... Idc if we waste a year of his career. He wants to make training camp about him? His ass can sit until we find a suitable trade partner...

If not.. we just won't sign him in March and we all move on. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

I would not be happy if the Bears traded for Taylor, even if it was Herbert and a later round pick. I want to stick with what we have and I think Roschon Johnson will be a stud. 

I can't get over the health question marks about Taylor. 

Yeah.  No real reason to add Taylor.

42 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Much worse look for the author of that used toilet paper I just read.

I cannot imagine the amount of twisted logic it would take to arrive at some of those conclusions the author did, yet here we are. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Much worse look for the author of that used toilet paper I just read.

I cannot imagine the amount of twisted logic it would take to arrive at some of those conclusions the author did, yet here we are. 

It's annoying how many times you post the exact same thing I want to post. 

• Haha 2

The issue with letting Taylor seek a trade is this….he gets to negotiate what his contract/value is to that team. Basically XYZ team is willing to pay me 4 years 48 million. They will give you a 5th rd pick. Now the Colts will say well a 5th won’t cut it…so Taylor is going to say well I’m worth 4years 48 million just pay me and it will be all ok….if the Colts don’t do that it looks bad on the Colts. Not only will they not trade him but they also won’t pay him his market value. It might not change anything but it certainly will create even more ill will. I don’t think it was smart at all.

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The issue with letting Taylor seek a trade is this….he gets to negotiate what his contract/value is to that team. Basically XYZ team is willing to pay me 4 years 48 million. They will give you a 5th rd pick. Now the Colts will say well a 5th won’t cut it…so Taylor is going to say well I’m worth 4years 48 million just pay me and it will be all ok….if the Colts don’t do that it looks bad on the Colts. Not only will they not trade him but they also won’t pay him his market value. It might not change anything but it certainly will create even more ill will. I don’t think it was smart at all.

I don't agree that it would look that way at all. It's pretty easy to take that logic and go, "well if they are willing to give you 4/$48M why are they only willing to give a 5th rounder?"

@btownqbposted the tweet earlier, but what trade did Austin Ekeler find? If he didn't find one why do we think JT will.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If he wanted 4/48 the Colts probably would have already extended him. From what I have gathered he wants about 16 mil a year

• Like 2