2023 NFL Discussion

rico

28 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

AR just spent all week going against their 1's in practice. There is nothing to be gained from him playing last night....but again Doyel has never been the sharpest guy.

Probably 80-100 reps of 1 on 1s

50-70 reps of 7 on 7... (that's a low estimate) 

And 70-100 reps of 11 on 11s... 

All of that is over two days.. then, didnt do much Friday, watch film, etc. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Probably 80-100 reps of 1 on 1s

50-70 reps of 7 on 7... (that's a low estimate) 

And 70-100 reps of 11 on 11s... 

All of that is over two days.. then, didnt do much Friday, watch film, etc. 

I went out Thursday evening and the amount of work both AR and Fields got in was far more beneficial to a couple possessions on Saturday. Shoot they probably needed the night off.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Very cool to see. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him stick around the league for awhile tbh. Such a cool story. 

I liked him college.  I thought he should have went higher.  But I think he has found the perfect situation for him.  Jimmy G can't stay healthy.  AOC has a good shot at being a starter here shortly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, rico said:

I liked him college.  I thought he should have went higher.  But I think he has found the perfect situation for him.  Jimmy G can't stay healthy.  AOC has a good shot at being a starter here shortly.

Speaking of backup qbs the Bears may have one in Tyson Bagent. Good find.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Speaking of backup qbs the Bears may have one in Tyson Bagent. Good find.

Rick Venturi with the Colts has been talking about him all summer. Says he couldn't believe he went undrafted. Hard part now (good problem) is he's our #2 because no way if we ship him to practice squad somebody would gobble him up quickly.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Rick Venturi with the Colts has been talking about him all summer. Says he couldn't believe he went undrafted. Hard part now (good problem) is he's our #2 because no way if we ship him to practice squad somebody would gobble him up quickly.

All-time leader in TD passes across all NCAA divisions.  Entered the portal and had big time offers but chose to return to Shepherd University.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I wouldn't put this kid as a good QB yet because there has been plenty of standouts in pre season that didn't translate to regular season. I remember a few years ago the Colts fans were angry that Chad Kelly didn't make the roster. They said he will come back to haunt the Colts because they released him. Never heard from him again. Last year Ehlinger has a great ore season but it didn't show in the regular season.

• Like 2

My biggest question is who trades for Trey Lance and for how much? Have to decide on his 5th year option after this season and another team is going to want to play him to find out what he has if that’s the case. Clearly SF can’t afford to hold onto him for that kind of money when they have some big player contracts to renew. Favorites for Trey? I could see New England making a move. Just know Bill won’t have that team bad enough for a top pick and yet I feel he wants to put pleasure on Mac.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't put this kid as a good QB yet because there has been plenty of standouts in pre season that didn't translate to regular season. I remember a few years ago the Colts fans were angry that Chad Kelly didn't make the roster. They said he will come back to haunt the Colts because they released him. Never heard from him again. Last year Ehlinger has a great ore season but it didn't show in the regular season.

Well watching him he seems to have good command of the offense and he can sling it. I think he deserves a back up spot for sure. Opportunity is always hard to predict but I think if Fields misses time he wouldn’t be too bad in a pinch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

My biggest question is who trades for Trey Lance and for how much? Have to decide on his 5th year option after this season and another team is going to want to play him to find out what he has if that’s the case. Clearly SF can’t afford to hold onto him for that kind of money when they have some big player contracts to renew. Favorites for Trey? I could see New England making a move. Just know Bill won’t have that team bad enough for a top pick and yet I feel he wants to put pleasure on Mac.

Good question.  NE would be safe bet.  How about Tampa?

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The ironic thing here is the 49ers duped the Bears into one of the worst first one moves ever in getting Mitch....but the 49ers followed that up with a hold my beer moment. They just let him walk. If some team wants to throw a mid or late round pick you take it. Otherwise. Lance is going to have to reinvent himself.

And the Dolphins keep laughing to the bank what they turned that move into in terms of players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The ironic thing here is the 49ers duped the Bears into one of the worst first one moves ever in getting Mitch....but the 49ers followed that up with a hold my beer moment. They just let him walk. If some team wants to throw a mid or late round pick you take it. Otherwise. Lance is going to have to reinvent himself.

And the Dolphins keep laughing to the bank what they turned that move into in terms of players.

The Niners would probably love to trade Lance just to get rid of his salary.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Scott, if the Bears rookie back-up QB ends up being a Don Strock then he would be the 2nd greatest QB ever that Chicago has had...right behind Fields.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Which is why I’m happy Colts just stood pat and took AR. If he is terrible in a few years they haven’t mortgaged their future. Heck if they end up with the first pick they can still just move on and take Williams if they want.

• Like 1

Looks like the Colts are giving Taylor permission to seek a trade. I really hate it came to this because Taylor is my favorite player on the team.  He is the only playmaker we have on offense offense and he would really help Richardson get comfortable being a be QB.

I hear the Colts asking price is a 1st or a package of picks that has a first round value. I don't see anyone giving up a first for him unless a lot ean thinks he is a missing piece to helping them win a championship.  I read that Miami would be interested and that offense would be scary with Taylor. If they can get close to what Carolina got for McCaffrey that would be a good get.

Will be interesting how Taylor will explain how is still injured because he can't he traded while on the PUP list. If somehow they find a trade he will have to show he is healthy. All of this happens it will show that Taylor wasn't really injured just disgruntled 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Colts are giving Taylor permission to seek a trade. I really hate it came to this because Taylor is my favorite player on the team.  He is the only playmaker we have on offense offense and he would really help Richardson get comfortable being a be QB.

I hear the Colts asking price is a 1st or a package of picks that has a first round value. I don't see anyone giving up a first for him unless a lot ean thinks he is a missing piece to helping them win a championship.  I read that Miami would be interested and that offense would be scary with Taylor. If they can get close to what Carolina got for McCaffrey that would be a good get.

Will be interesting how Taylor will explain how is still injured because he can't he traded while on the PUP list. If somehow they find a trade he will have to show he is healthy. All of this happens it will show that Taylor wasn't really injured just disgruntled 

Reminds me of former Pacers players situations…. Very frustrating. I just hope we come out on top of this. I saw this and obviously others are too.

Jonathan Taylor giving real Paul George vibes in Indy right now.

·
Views
Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I think the Colts are appeasing him and JT is going to find out who was right in this situation...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

I’ll be STUNNED if someone offers more than a 3 for a one year rental RB who isn’t great in the passing game. 

Well I think the idea of letting JT find a trade partner is so he can work out an extension with that team, but I don't think any team is going to extend him and give up a 1st (or even 2nd and another pick) for a guy that is injured, has fumble issues, and to your point, is only elite in one area of his job. 

35 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Well I think the idea of letting JT find a trade partner is so he can work out an extension with that team, but I don't think any team is going to extend him and give up a 1st (or even 2nd and another pick) for a guy that is injured, has fumble issues, and to your point, is only elite in one area of his job. 

He obviously can’t say this, but I predict his “injury” will heal up nicely with a new contract. 

• Like 1