2023 NFL Discussion

rico

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Agree with most. Owner hires guys to deliver. Guys don't deliver....and when I say guys I mean the Oline as well. Louis Riddick who I love said earlier today the Colts are the most disappointing team of league. Blasted OLine, Taylor's touches,etc....

Only so much room in the head though. I'm a Bears fan. I've got my own issues going on 25 years minus 3 seasons. 

All things like this being said, I still say the Colts are only average QB play away from 6-1, or 5-2.

• Like 2

Elingher Will get killed worse than Ryan if Frank doesnt change the play calling. Elingher held the ball in pre-season against guys not even in the league anymore. JT better touch it 30+ times and NH better get 11 or 12 more touches. TE player better step it up. This was totally Irsay's move. Frank and Ballard will be gone at the end of the year. Ryan will be cut by March leaving 12 Million in dead cap space.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Elingher Will get killed worse than Ryan if Frank doesnt change the play calling. Elingher held the ball in pre-season against guys not even in the league anymore. JT better touch it 30+ times and NH better get 11 or 12 more touches. TE player better step it up. This was totally Irsay's move. Frank and Ballard will be gone at the end of the year. Ryan will be cut by March leaving 12 Million in dead cap space.

There was no reason that JT only got 10 rushes Sunday since he averaged 5.8 per carry.  With Ehrlinger in there they need to change the offense and can't have him throw 45+ passes.  They probably need to go how Dallas did when they had to replace Dak.

What I would do to fix the Colts

Since we made the QB change, don't stop there so go ahead and fire Reich and the OL coach.

Bring in John Fox for the rest of the season. Move up Kevin Menuea(sp)? as Ol coach. He is a HOF Lineman so see what he can do.

At the end of the season for Ballard.

This is a huge long shot but offer Sean Payton full authority on football operations. Let him being in guys he is comfortable working with in the front office.  I would like for him to keep our defensive coaches because I think they are doing a good job.

If you get a no from Payton then talk to Jim Harbaugh because he was successful with SF with a QB who wasn't your typical drop back QB. He always had a great OL who was very good at running the ball.

Talk to Bruce Arians to see if he is truly retired or was he pushed out by Brady

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just my two cents. Irsay has gone out of his way to accommodate the Colts QB position since Luck quit. I think he's a guy who says hey man I've only got a few more seasons to go. I need to fix this. 

For the record I thought Matt Ryan would be a perfect fit. Cerebral and has 60,000 yards under his belt. Starting to think Frank Reich is the issue. 

Reich and Ballard are pretty clearly on the chopping block IMO.

Don't really need to rehash past seasons, there's some good and some bad, but this season is enough to get you fired IMO. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since we made the QB change, don't stop there so go ahead and fire Reich and the OL coach.

Bring in John Fox for the rest of the season. Move up Kevin Menuea(sp)? as Ol coach. He is a HOF Lineman so see what he can do.

This is a huge long shot but offer Sean Payton full authority on football operations. Let him being in guys he is comfortable working with in the front office.  I would like for him to keep our defensive coaches because I think they are doing a good job.

If you get a no from Payton then talk to Jim Harbaugh because he was successful with SF with a QB who wasn't your typical drop back QB. He always had a great OL who was very good at running the ball.

Talk to Bruce Arians to see if he is truly retired or was he pushed out by Brady

I am on board with this approach.  I like how you're thinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it were me, and it's pretty tough in our current set up with what isblikepy dead man walking at GM and HC, I think I'd sell at this trade deadline. Not a single player on the team would be untouchable.

We could really, really acculate some great assets to jump start a rebuild. This foundation is built on sand and needs to be rebooted IMO. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Like it but Irsay wont fire mid season.

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

If it were me, and it's pretty tough in our current set up with what isblikepy dead man walking at GM and HC, I think I'd sell at this trade deadline. Not a single player on the team would be untouchable.

We could really, really acculate some great assets to jump start a rebuild. This foundation is built on sand and needs to be rebooted IMO. 

Usually don't see many trades at the deadline in the NFL. People say trade these guys and get hight draft picks but all we got for Marshall Faulk was a 2nd and a 5th round pick. With how most teams don't emphasis the RB position I wonder what teams would give up for JT. What would we get for Ryan Kelly or Leonard 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Usually don't see many trades at the deadline in the NFL. People say trade these guys and get hight draft picks but all we got for Marshall Faulk was a 2nd and a 5th round pick. With how most teams don't emphasis the RB position I wonder what teams would give up for JT. What would we get for Ryan Kelly or Leonard 

JT would get more the CMC IMO. Not sure if that's more picks or higher picks, but call up the Rams. 

The in season stuff isn’t happening. That said I think Harbaugh should be priority #1. Payton is going to cost draft capital to acquire that the Colts don’t have. Harbaugh is a notable name and not just some up and coming coordinator. He’s also got the ties to the Colts organization since he’s a former player. Harbaugh would need a creative OC but he has definitely proven that he’s a winning coach having had successful seasons at multiple colleges and in the NFL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Is next year’s draft deep at QB?  I know we need one but drafting one is such a crap shoot outside of a few can’t miss guys that don’t come along that often. 

There are 3 or 4 1st rounders that are all more highly rated than anyone in the 2022 draft.

• Thanks 1

The only one I’d consider trading right now is Kelly and I don’t even think I’d do that if I was Ballard.