2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, rico said:

Turnovers killed us today.

Agreed. TOs by the statuesque, over-the-hill starting QB. Tired of the stop gaps. Let's find a real QB. If it takes a couple down years, I'd rather have a chance to be a real title contender in the future as opposed to just another mediocre, 1st-round exit at best team.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

At the time it happened there were over 5 minutes to go and we're down 6. Timeout at that time was more important than challenging something that was that obvious of a catch.

You and I had the benefit of multiple replays. Frank had to make a split second decision as Tennessee was going to hike the ball quickly. From his viewpoint there was enough doubt to warrant throwing the flag

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You and I had the benefit of multiple replays. Frank had to make a split second decision as Tennessee was going to hike the ball quickly. From his viewpoint there was enough doubt to warrant throwing the flag

Fair point. But all too often Colt's are in desperation mode where they need this kind of bail out. That's the big-picture issue. This team continues to underachieve year in and year out in a poor division.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Colts organization is a total train wreck and needs to be blown up from Ballard to the coaching staff. Reich is supposed to be this offensive genius and our scoring average is one of the worst in the league.

Barring a massive turn around this season, I'm hoping Irsay will reach the same conclusion. 

3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That is why you have a guy in the booth letting the coach know what to do because he could see the be replay

And again, the expediency of Tennessee going up quickly to snap the ball didn’t allow that process to work like it should 

I mean even the commentators in the booth AND good ole referee Gene thought it was a good challenge at the time because they had not seen the replay at the time and they thought he might have dropped it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, D-BONE said:

Barring a massive turn around this season, I'm hoping Irsay will reach the same conclusion. 

Ballard is in his 6th year and we made the playoffs twice with one win. Looking like it will be another year without a playoffs so Ballard needs to go.  He has had 4 years to get a young QB but never tried to do anything to get one. Instead of trading the 13th pick for Buckner he should have tried to move up to get Herbert. He knew that Costonzo was going to retire but never tried to get a quality LT.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Ballard is in his 6th year and we made the playoffs twice with one win. Looking like it will be another year without a playoffs so Ballard needs to go.  He has had 4 years to get a young QB but never tried to do anything to get one. Instead of trading the 13th pick for Buckner he should have tried to move up to get Herbert. He knew that Costonzo was going to retire but never tried to get a quality LT.

Colts are one game behind with 10 games to go. You sure are writing them off early.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What purpose did challenging do because you knew it wouldn't be overturned since it is an obvious catch. Never came close to hitting the ground 

Frank definitely had time to realize that before making the decision to throw the challenge flag, after the completed pass. 👍

Colts are one game behind with 10 games to go. You sure are writing them off early.

The offense has inspired no confidence over the last few years. This year is no different. It's like watching a CYO team in comparison. Any success this year will be on the shoulders of the D. But that's not a strategy for sustained success in today's game.

7 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I mean even the commentators in the booth AND good ole referee Gene thought it was a good challenge at the time because they had not seen the replay at the time and they thought he might have dropped it. 

This. And its just not that big of a deal. He HAD to challenge that with the situation that was presented to him. 

• Like 1