2023 NFL Discussion

rico

Okay.  this story is gold.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/washington-commanders-blame-bank-error-after-fan-s-14k-raffle-check-bounced/ar-AA13a9x0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b12b3203907e4202b1de5e5899f49449

First, The Commanders bounce a check given to a fan for winning a 50/50 raffle.  The team blames it on a bank error.  But, as someone who is quite familiar with bank operations, it's highly unlikely a bank error involving a billion-dollar organization would cause a $14,000 check to bounce.  More than likely, someone from the team forgot to instruct the bank to transfer the money from a different account.  

Then, even better, the mug shown below was being sold out of an official team truck outside the stadium.

.Image

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Okay.  this story is gold.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/washington-commanders-blame-bank-error-after-fan-s-14k-raffle-check-bounced/ar-AA13a9x0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b12b3203907e4202b1de5e5899f49449

First, The Commanders bounce a check given to a fan for winning a 50/50 raffle.  The team blames it on a bank error.  But, as someone who is quite familiar with bank operations, it's highly unlikely a bank error involving a billion-dollar organization would cause a $14,000 check to bounce.  More than likely, someone from the team forgot to instruct the bank to transfer the money from a different account.  

Then, even better, the mug shown below was being sold out of an official team truck outside the stadium.

.Image

As Bugs Bunny so famously put it, “what a bunch of maroons.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Picked up Arizona in 2 leagues and was bailed out by the pick 6's...still a solid 15+.

Yep. 

I mean, they were my 2nd option--- and, I have no issue being "lucky" in fantasy. 

I also posted my orginal post in the wrong thread. My bad. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Hearing some rumblings out of Halas Hall for Bears brethren. Not sure if David Montgomery is in the long term plans so I ask this. His rookie deal ends this year and if he isn't in the plans do we maybe call Carolina or Jets about Moore? 

I don’t think the Bears are close to being one or two guys away from being remotely good. I’d save all my ammo and build the team with what draft capital I have left. Focus on the trenches for sure… I had a beautiful dream last night that DJ Moore got traded to the Packers….oh boy would that make my fantasy day better.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1