2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I don't think College should have a patent on football the day after Thanksgiving. Get two TVs rolling and make it a party, Rico! 

Hell, 2 TVs along with a laptop and a smart phone.  LOL

I was just pointing out that CFB has lots of games that day for Scott who was worried about Indiana HS football.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I don't think College should have a patent on football the day after Thanksgiving. Get two TVs rolling and make it a party, Rico! 

Agree. Maybe I just missed it but with college scheduling game on Thanksgiving this year (Miss St at Ole Miss) my guess is the NFL said we don't care about your rivalry weekend games. We'll just do what we want. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Agree. Maybe I just missed it but with college scheduling game on Thanksgiving this year (Miss St at Ole Miss) my guess is the NFL said we don't care about your rivalry weekend games. We'll just do what we want. 

I think MSST Ole Miss have played SOME on Thanksgiving before? Maybe I'm wrong. I think Elijah Moore did the dog peeing incident on Thanksgiving.. didn't he? lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think MSST Ole Miss have played SOME on Thanksgiving before? Maybe I'm wrong. I think Elijah Moore did the dog peeing incident on Thanksgiving.. didn't he? lol 

Probably have just don't recall because it's always been a NFL day in our house. I guess if NFL has one game on Friday college games could start at Noon and Evening and everyone gets their piece of the tv pie. I just hope NFL doesn't do anything weird like schedule Tampa or Miami or whatever up against Florida/Florida St game. Hopefully they'll be nice enough to the fans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Probably have just don't recall because it's always been a NFL day in our house. I guess if NFL has one game on Friday college games could start at Noon and Evening and everyone gets their piece of the tv pie. I just hope NFL doesn't do anything weird like schedule Tampa or Miami or whatever up against Florida/Florida St game. Hopefully they'll be nice enough to the fans. 

I am not concerned with any "overlap."  And I will still eat my pie.  Pumpkin that is.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I just looked up this year's Black Friday CFB games.  There are 12 games that I counted.  CBS has 2 scheduled.  One at noon and the other at 3:30.  Fox is televising UCLA/Cal at 4:30.  ABC is televising Florida/Florida St. at 7:30.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I just looked up this year's Black Friday CFB games.  There are 12 games that I counted.  CBS has 2 scheduled.  One at noon and the other at 3:30.  Fox is televising UCLA/Cal at 4:30.  ABC is televising Florida/Florida St. at 7:30.  

Who are the CBS games? I think one of those is an SEC matchup. Is the Iron Bowl that day? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Who are the CBS games? I think one of those is an SEC matchup. Is the Iron Bowl that day? 

Utah St./Boise St. and Mizzou/Arkansas.  Btw, BTN has Iowa/Nebraska.

Edit:  Iron Bowl is Saturday.

Edited by rico
  • Like 2