2023 NFL Discussion

rico

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, we drafted our “franchise quarterback “ who played all of one season in college and parts of 4 games in the NFL before being put on the shelf for the year. The guy needs all the playing time he can get to try to learn how to be a quarterback and not just an athlete in the quarterback position. He’ll be at the same stage of lack of development at the beginning of next season. 

Wait what? The same stage? 

... what do you think he and Steichen will be doing from now until next Sept? 

4 hours ago, IUskim said:

Please don’t take this at a shot at you because you were just posting what rappaport said but hasn’t that always been on the table from the beginning of this injury?

Everything I’ve seen from Colts prior has been short term IR but likely not done for the season.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If he decides to get the surgery it will.be season ending

Yep word is surgery…done for year. Missed a lot of game reps which he needs. Sucks….and clearly Gardner is a great backup…but if you start him and the defense can prepare for him they can force him into a lot of bad plays. He is very limited.

You have back to back impressive games on offense. Coming off a mini bye and getting healthy on D. You hold a team to 12 first downs and under 250 total yards at home and still lose. I'm of the opinion that not one Bears coach should be retained.

Players look like crap, the creativity on offense is nill, our Oline is just horrible, and after 60% of the game was played we targeted DJ Moore once.

I see more creativity on offense at Carmel vs what I see every Sunday being a Bears fan. Welp blow it up time. Have tickets for Bears/Raiders this Sunday and now a group of us are deciding on whether we want to even go anymore. 

Thank goodness hoops is close. This football season is going to send me into rehab.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2023 at 10:02 AM, Seeking6 said:

You have back to back impressive games on offense. Coming off a mini bye and getting healthy on D. You hold a team to 12 first downs and under 250 total yards at home and still lose. I'm of the opinion that not one Bears coach should be retained.

Players look like crap, the creativity on offense is nill, our Oline is just horrible, and after 60% of the game was played we targeted DJ Moore once.

I see more creativity on offense at Carmel vs what I see every Sunday being a Bears fan. Welp blow it up time. Have tickets for Bears/Raiders this Sunday and now a group of us are deciding on whether we want to even go anymore. 

Thank goodness hoops is close. This football season is going to send me into rehab.

https://x.com/idf162/status/1714302463564718276?s=46&t=9TDA0mwpdydYQk2Mf6MS6w

This sums up the bears this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As if they didn’t have enough problems, Colts’ Grover Stewart suspended 6 games for violating PED policy.

Wonder what the context on this is. Two major blows this week. Just hoping the AR injury situation is an outlier. If not, will turn out to be a painful use of #4 (though no fault of AR's, obviously).

10 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Wonder what the context on this is. Two major blows this week. Just hoping the AR injury situation is an outlier. If not, will turn out to be a painful use of #4 (though no fault of AR's, obviously).

Nothing given in the article. He apologized and said that he is responsible for what he puts in his body. Respect for the league. Disappointed many. Blah, blah, blah.

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

You just have to laugh at this point.  But, by pushing about 3 or 4 buttons, they could turn it around big time for the future.  New state of the art, Sofi level, stadium.  New HC.  New QB.  Boom, boom, boom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You just have to laugh at this point.  But, by pushing about 3 or 4 buttons, they could turn it around big time for the future.  New state of the art, Sofi level, stadium.  New HC.  New QB.  Boom, boom, boom.

Getting the top 2 picks in the draft would allow them to go get the best GM and/or Coach possible. 

On 8/31/2023 at 4:53 PM, IU Scott said:

They have like the bottom 4 rosters in the NFL 

not true.... or even close to it. 

On 8/31/2023 at 9:20 PM, Boiler Sam said:

Yeah I was probably being charitable calling their roster mediocre. 

There is hardly any top end talent on the roster, and at the same time, very little depth. 

mmmm... this seems WAY off. 

On 8/31/2023 at 2:45 PM, Boiler Sam said:

Not confusing at all. They are headed for yet another bad season with a mediocre at best roster. 

Bad season? ehh...doesn't appear that way at all. Especially before AR5 was hurt. 

On 8/31/2023 at 9:01 PM, dgambill said:

I expect some unexpected wins but mostly a lot of losses this year. Would love to end up like 3rd/4th pick or something and land Harrison Jr.

Doesn't look like we'll be anywhere close to the 3rd/4th pick. Could be wrong though. 

• Like 2