2023 NFL Discussion

rico

38 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My question for the Colts fan this morning. Does thought of being sellers enter the mind before trade deadline? I know Colts can still win division and that's probably why they won't sell....but they are light years behind Bills, Chiefs shoot even Dolphins in the talent department. So I ask do you ship your guys this week for picks?

No doubt they could he sellers, trade Kelly or Smith to get one of the contracts off the books. With how good Franklin and Speed has played I try to trade Leonard. I doubt anyone would trade for h right now due to the injuries.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. That's why didn't mind the Bears moving Quinn and won't mind if they move anyone else today. Bears need a ton of talent to go along with an unprecedented amount of $ to spend next year https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2023/

Problem is the Colts (Ballard/Reich) still think their close. I don't know.... I like the Colts. Always have but they need to take a hard look in the mirror today and realize they might be closer to the Bears then they think...talent wise. 

My list of guys that I absolutely want on the Colts long-term is not a particularly long list and it's probably made up of guys that most aren't thinking of. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Struggled defending Lamar, but that is about it. To just act like going to Foxboro in your 2nd start ever vs. Belicheat is somehow simple is a very confusing argument, but whatever. The jets were 5-2 and NE held them to 17 on the road. 

They are in the very middle of the league in yards per game and points per game, halfway through the season. The math isn't mathing on you trying to say they just had a bad game against Lamar. They are an average team on defense in the year of our lord twenty twenty-two. 

If you think the Jets are a good team I have some nice beachfront property to sell you in Spencer, IN. They moved the ball with ease against the Pats and would have won if not for Zach Wilson having a bird brain. 

For the record, I'm not saying the Colts will win this week. But it's because we aren't a good team, we have a bad roster, a bad coach, and a very average dude playing QB. 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

There has to be an award for a guy like Tony Pollard. He's better than Zeke. Everyone sees it. Yet Zeke is pulling in $12M a year vs $965k for Tony and not one word. He just answers the bell. 

They mentioned at one point Pollard can't pass block, at all. But yes, strange situation in Dallas. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They mentioned at one point Pollard can't pass block, at all. But yes, strange situation in Dallas. 

Considering my Bears can't either I'll take Tony P in a second....seems like Bears might be falling out of favor with David Montgomery who is headed into free agency. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Until the end of the season but if they don't make the playoffs I don't see away he keeps Reich or Ballard

The Colts are not making the playoffs.  If they were in the NFC, maybe.  But, less than 5% chance in AFC.  Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers, and Bengals are the 7 I would pick.  Jets and Patriots I would put ahead of Colts as well.

Just now, 5fouls said:

The Colts are not making the playoffs.  If they were in the NFC, maybe.  But, less than 5% chance in AFC.  Bills, Chiefs, Titans, Ravens, Dolphins, Chargers, and Bengals are the 7 I would pick.  Jets and Patriots I would put ahead of Colts as well.

If that is the case then I would expect Reich to be terminated.

Originally I was pissed at the 3rd down call on 3rd and 1 when JT qas stuffed.... thought about, watched the film...

Nelson flat out screwed that play completely up. Zero chance can I fault a play caller for running a play for his best two players to get one yard at a crucial moment. Can't do it. Frank has to be able to trust his guys there. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Originally I was pissed at the 3rd down call on 3rd and 1 when JT qas stuffed.... thought about, watched the film...

Nelson flat out screwed that play completely up. Zero chance can I fault a play caller for running a play for his best two players to get one yard at a crucial moment. Can't do it. Frank has to be able to trust his guys there. 

Still rather run the play from under center than the shot gun. Rather have the runner already on the move when he gets the ball. If he has to Taylor cod have had momentum to leap over the defense ala Walter Payton 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still rather run the play from under center than the shot gun. Rather have the runner already on the move when he gets the ball. If he has to Taylor cod have had momentum to leap over the defense ala Walter Payton 

I don't. Then Sams legs aren't a threat. Truly, I'd about rather run QB ISO, but... it is 100% irrelevant if you can't execute. 

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't. Then Sams legs aren't a threat. Truly, I'd about rather run QB ISO, but... it is 100% irrelevant if you can't execute. 

He still can be a runner under center. How about doing a bootleg instead of doing the predictable run right off the guard which is what we do most of the time. Bootleg where Ehrlinger can run or have a TE running the back of the end zone. We need to run more outside the tackles like we did on Hines TD or Campbell's jet sweep.

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He still can be a runner under center. How about doing a bootleg instead of doing the predictable run right off the guard which is what we do most of the time. Bootleg where Ehrlinger can run or have a TE running the back of the end zone. We need to run more outside the tackles like we did on Hines TD or Campbell's jet sweep.

On 3rd and 1? 

There shouldn't be anything we need to do, but what Frank called. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

So do you blame Frank or Ballard for our failings? 

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

So do you blame Frank or Ballard for our failings? 

I don't really blame anyone, nor will I. 

No doubt it lays on Reich's shoulders ultimately. I am fine moving on from him, I think we can upgrade there. Maybe Bubba Ventrone is the guy? Idk. I certainly wouldn't mind Sean Payton. 

Edited by btownqb