2023 NFL Discussion

rico

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You can't tell me that on all of those scrambles by Heineken there were no holding in those plays.

On one hand, I feel like if a Colts play took that long, there'd be flags everywhere. On the other hand, maybe Washington's linemen are simply better at holding their blocks. 

Edited by TheWatShot

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

On one hand, I feel like if a Colts play took that long, there'd be flags everywhere. On the other hand, maybe Washington's linemen are simply better at holding their blocks. 

They hold on every play and most of the holding calls are when the DL tries to pull away. On those scrambles most of the time the DL will get pulled down when he tries to pull away from the OL.

It just looks to me their is a chemistry problem with this team. I saw a couple of times guys arguing on the sidelines. Don't see a lot of excitement when a big play is made.  I would think the defense is getting tired of the offense not helping out at all.  The lady possession we ran twice right up the middle and Ehrlinger comes up short on that run. Reich was trying not to lose instead of winning the game with the offense.

2 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

It's a team-wide choke. No area is without blame. I see a team that has a criminally undermanned and/or underperforming o-line, little overall direction and rapidly-decreasing confidence. That starts at the top. 

I don't know if it is undermanned since it is the highest paid OL in football.  They need a LT and a RG for sure but the three high priced guys are not playing well 

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Fire Ballard 

Fire Reich 

Fire the OL coach 

I know the last two possessions our defense sucked but the last two weeks our defense gave up 12 and 17 points and that should be enough to win any game. Against Denver we gave up 9 points in a OT game 

Give Peyton partial ownership and president of football operations title. Hire Harbaugh or another big name as HC and get things back on track. This franchise needs some name recognition running the franchise that can carry some weight.