NBA Thread

Off season talk courtesy of Paul George. Said he preferred to stay with Clippers...didn't happen. Said he thought it was going to be awesome to play with Steph Curry and Warriors didn't happen. Said he was so glad to be 76er.

I'm sure Philly fan loves knowing he's only there because other stuff didn't happen.

• Like 1

First, Chris Canty commenting as an "expert" on basketball is questionable at best. 

With that said, it's amazing how quickly Ant has gone from underrated to overrated in such a short period of time. 

On 7/9/2024 at 8:28 AM, BGleas said:

First, Chris Canty commenting as an "expert" on basketball is questionable at best. 

With that said, it's amazing how quickly Ant has gone from underrated to overrated in such a short period of time. 

Lol…yeah that’s just dumb. Not sure anyone listens to Canty…he doesn’t know anything about the game…incredibly dumb takes all the time…isn’t he also the Lakers apologist as well? Yeah I usually turn the radio channel when he is on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

“I didn’t watch it back in the day, so I can’t speak on it. They say it was tougher back then than it is now, but I don’t think anybody had skill back then. [Michael Jordan] was the only one that really had skill, you know what I mean? So, that’s why when they saw Kobe [Bryant], they were like, ‘Oh, my God.’ But now everybody has skill.”

image.thumb.png.ee5c079baeda03b95789b78aac0da898.png

Magic Johnson: “I don’t never respond to a guy that’s never won a championship. There’s not nothing to really say. He didn’t win a college championship. I don’t even know if he won a high school championship.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

“I didn’t watch it back in the day, so I can’t speak on it. They say it was tougher back then than it is now, but I don’t think anybody had skill back then. [Michael Jordan] was the only one that really had skill, you know what I mean? So, that’s why when they saw Kobe [Bryant], they were like, ‘Oh, my God.’ But now everybody has skill.”

image.thumb.png.ee5c079baeda03b95789b78aac0da898.png

Magic Johnson: “I don’t never respond to a guy that’s never won a championship. There’s not nothing to really say. He didn’t win a college championship. I don’t even know if he won a high school championship.”

These young guys are so clueless about the past 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

These young guys are so clueless about the past 

Especially that guy. Just to add, what little I saw of the Olympic team, he was all I...ME... MINE. Talent is there, but his mindset (and other players with similar mentality) is part of why I don't bother watching many games.

On 8/27/2024 at 11:41 AM, Tom White said:

Especially that guy. Just to add, what little I saw of the Olympic team, he was all I...ME... MINE. Talent is there, but his mindset (and other players with similar mentality) is part of why I don't bother watching many games.

Didn’t he basically get Crean fired. They had expectations but went nowhere in college. He’s on my dynasty team but it’s mostly points based.

13 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

So petty, stupid and sadly predictable.

Most of them are starting to change their tune. They are making more money then ever before because of her attention. More commercials now, flying first class and chartering, salaries will go up. Plus she has pretty much shut them all up on the court lately. She will be embraced from here on out.