NBA Thread

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The whole story is just creepy.  I saw the pic of her with him shirtless in the background and a caption of "Just f*cked Josh Giddey".  Appeared to be her post, so I think there's a LOT of smoke here.  Just really weird, but it comes back to the question of how young is too young and who gets to determine the age of consent?  I would tell you that my daughter was probably not mature enough to make those decisions at 21, but that's a father speaking.

Photos of which have been deleted but there's always a screenshot.

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

He should be looking at jail time time if the details are correct. 

https://rpcriminaldefense.com/age-of-consent-in-california/

From a legal website. Also has the penalties listed of what he will likely face.

• In cases where the perpetrator is 21 years or older and the victim is under the age of 16, they could face enhanced sentencing, which can result in harsher penalties. It is also important to note that California has a “Romeo and Juliet” law, which can provide a defense for specific individuals who engage in sexual activity with a minor who is no more than three years younger than them.
Edited by Coach1K
  • Thanks 1

Once again the Pacers defense failed them. They lose 142-132. The Pacers were up 103-97 with 10 minutes to go and then the Heat went on a 28-6 run. The Heat first lead of the game was in the 4th quarter. The Heat came in averaging 110 PPG and played without Herri and Bam went out on the second quarter 

Edited by IU Scott

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It is so obvious that the refs and the NBA wants the Celtics to win this in  game tournament game vs the Pacers. Tatum gets breathed on it's a foul. He took four steps to the goal but a foul was called  on the Pacers.

This is getting laughable on how much the Celtics are getting the calls

Huge win for the Pacers. Learning how to play with this intensity and how to defend in these type of games will pay dividends, both in terms of seeding and then not having to adjust in the playoffs.

Future looking up in Indy.

And at least for tonight, the best player on the court was not Jayson Tatum. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

Huge win for the Pacers. Learning how to play with this intensity and how to defend in these type of games will pay dividends, both in terms of seeding and then not having to adjust in the playoffs.

Future looking up in Indy.

And at least for tonight, the best player on the court was not Jayson Tatum. 

Yeah, great win for the Pacers. That's a building block win for a young squad given that it was a quasi playoff atmosphere. 

Haliburton is great. I think Tatum will be OK though, he did get November Player of the Month today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, great win for the Pacers. That's a building block win for a young squad given that it was a quasi playoff atmosphere. 

Haliburton is great. I think Tatum will be OK though, he did get November Player of the Month today. 

Ha Tatum is the better player right now for sure.

But it was great to see Hali shine in a big game with one of the absolute best players on the planet. He looks to me like a guy who can be the best player on an elite team. 

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Ha Tatum is the better player right now for sure.

But it was great to see Hali shine in a big game with one of the absolute best players on the planet. He looks to me like a guy who can be the best player on an elite team. 

Haliburton is an emerging superstar, if not one already. No doubt. 

• Like 2

the pacers figured out how to play defense tonight.  during halftime they made some adjustments and it worked.  Something to build off of.  Saw where supposedly last night was Haliburtons first career triple double in the NBA AND his first career appearance in his NBA career on a nationalized television game (not count NBA TV).  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Went to the game last night. I'll just say this. That building hasn't sounded like that in years. You can sense people really, really getting behind the Pacers again.

I went too. Good seats for cheap on Gold Friday. 

Place was rocking. Reminded me of playoff games against the Knicks/Heat w/ PG led teams.

• Like 1