NBA Thread

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

I’m just smiling about all the Warriors fans learning about TJD for the first time. I’m seeing all these comments like ‘why was this guy still available?’, ‘steal of the draft’,’better than our first round pick’,’the best 2nd rounder since Jokic’. 😆 

Funny that I watch all these highlights of prospects thinking about IU, but have not watched a TJD highlight reel. All I gotta say is we’ve been spoiled. Do yourself a favor and take a trip down memory lane….

Gonna miss that dude. So dang good.

Remember his first couple years where it seemed like he just threw the ball at the rim hoping something good would happen?

That drove me nuts! Fair to say he slightly improved over time. 😎

Absolutely and all time great. Player and person. What a freaking legacy left behind of perservence, skill and class.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Main difference is that Oscar is undrafted and on a two way contract where TJD wants a guarantee contract 

Come on Scott. We know fouls gonna be pissed, and I am just having a little fun.

Some people here take these debates way too darn seriously.

The discussions turn into some kinda gotcha game with cross examinations and statements taken out of context....just be be "right".

Fouls feels.the way he does. And this ain't gonna help. And I love him enough to poke fun at it.  😝

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Come on Scott. We know fouls gonna be pissed, and I am just having a little fun.

The discussions turn into some kinda gotcha game with cross examinations and statements taken out of context....just be be "right".

Fouls feels.the way he does. And this ain't gonna help. And I love him enough to poke fun at it.  😝

I am sure he will be but I don't even know if he is even a Pacers fan. Don't remember him talking about them before but could be wrong

9 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Where is @5fouls?  I am getting a tad worried about him.  I hope he doesn't do anything drastic.  He wouldn't burn a Reggie Miller jersey would he?   I am more than willing to take that Pacer stuff off his hands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Main difference is that Oscar is undrafted and on a two way contract where TJD wants a guarantee contract 

Main difference I see is one organization wins titles and is always trying to improve themselves....while the other is the Pacers. No clue or guarantees which way turns out to be the best but I'd follow the Warriors plan over the Pacers 100 out of 100 times.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Who? Quote the post that isn’t giving him credit..

A whole bunch of posts allude that he was not worthy of first round and/or random bench players on losing teams are better than him.

I'm not going to single out specific posts because I always try to avoid making things personal.  But, everyone can read the posts and interpret it in their own way.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Main difference I see is one organization wins titles and is always trying to improve themselves....while the other is the Pacers. No clue or guarantees which way turns out to be the best but I'd follow the Warriors plan over the Pacers 100 out of 100 times.

Outside of having a Top 15 player ever and building around him... what is that plan?

Outside of this thread I've not seen anyone complaining about moves the Pacers have made the last year to 1.5 years.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good for you but there is a lot of people forget that before Steph got there GS was pretty much a laughing stock of the NBA.  I just don't get the hatred for the Pacers organization because the guys who made the bad decisions in the past are gone. Since they moved Buchanan up to GM and have Pritchard as the president they have done very well. 

Some of you just gloss over the fact that half way through the year the Pacers were 23-18 and was in 4th in the conference. The talent level is higher than it has been for awhile and only will get better. Haliburton has already made the all star team and averaged 20 and 10 last year. Mathurin was first team all Rookie team and has the drive to he one great. Turner found his footing last year playing with a point guard like Haliburton. Nemhardt also had a very good rookie season and should be a good rotational player.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And we have neither imo.

You are totally under valuing Haliburton and Mathurin. It is you and a couple on here are the only one I have seen criticizing the direction of the Pacers. Yes, a few years ago the organization was bad but they restructured some positions and are on the right direction. Can't believe how you expect the Pacers to be in contention in a rebuild that is less than 2 years.  How long did it take the Nuggets to build a championship team.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You are totally under valuing Haliburton and Mathurin. It is you and a couple on here are the only one I have seen criticizing the direction of the Pacers. Yes, a few years ago the organization was bad but they restructured some positions and are on the right direction. Can't believe how you expect the Pacers to be in contention in a rebuild that is less than 2 years.  How long did it take the Nuggets to build a championship team.

I am a Pacer fan.  Always have be and always will.  Haliburton and Mathurin aren't Batman or Robin right now nor do I think they will be.  But I can hope they turn into them.

image.png.68c3e53137b4dd0f5774c1ff3966d199.png

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Good for you but there is a lot of people forget that before Steph got there GS was pretty much a laughing stock of the NBA.  I just don't get the hatred for the Pacers organization because the guys who made the bad decisions in the past are gone. Since they moved Buchanan up to GM and have Pritchard as the president they have done very well. 

Some of you just gloss over the fact that half way through the year the Pacers were 23-18 and was in 4th in the conference. The talent level is higher than it has been for awhile and only will get better. Haliburton has already made the all star team and averaged 20 and 10 last year. Mathurin was first team all Rookie team and has the drive to he one great. Turner found his footing last year playing with a point guard like Haliburton. Nemhardt also had a very good rookie season and should be a good rotational player.

Hatred would require a deep concern or care to exist and for many the Pacers have just worn us out. Really hope this rebuild goes well. They have some good pieces for sure. Hope it works. 

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I am a Pacer fan.  Always have be and always will.  Haliburton and Mathurin aren't Batman or Robin right now nor do I think they will be.  But I can hope they turn into them.

image.png.68c3e53137b4dd0f5774c1ff3966d199.png

Not right now but could on a couple of years

Not saying Haliburton will be the next Curry but it took 4 years for Curry to become the great player he became.

Curry 1st year 17 points a game, second year 18, 3rd year 14.

Haliburton 13 first year, 14 second year, 20 3rd year plus 10 assist. Some people act like what players are today is what they will be their whole career 

• Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Hatred would require a deep concern or care to exist and for many the Pacers have just worn us out. Really hope this rebuild goes well. They have some good pieces for sure. Hope it works. 

Give it some time, it has really been a year and a half for this rebuild. Pritchard did very well when the so called star players wanted out. The PG trade we got two eventual all stars. The VO trade we got a 20 point scorer in Lavert then turned him for a first round pick. Got a first rounder for Brogdon who we signed as a free agent but we are cheap.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Give it some time, it has really been a year and a half for this rebuild. Pritchard did very well when the so called star players wanted out. The PG trade we got two eventual all stars. The VO trade we got a 20 point scorer in Lavert then turned him for a first round pick. Got a first rounder for Brogdon who we signed as a free agent but we are cheap.

I'm all for it trust. Despite my negativity on here about the Pacers some of my fondest memories as a kid was the old Fieldhouse, when MSA opened.....I want to cheer for them so badly. Just hope it happens.

In other news. TJD will be wearing #32 for the Warriors. Interesting number to say the least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm all for it trust. Despite my negativity on here about the Pacers some of my fondest memories as a kid was the old Fieldhouse, when MSA opened.....I want to cheer for them so badly. Just hope it happens.

In other news. TJD will be wearing #32 for the Warriors. Interesting number to say the least.

Well Green has 23

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I remember a time at Market Square where they had to put a curtain up over the top half of the arena. They would get around 5,000 fans and it looked so empty. Then late 80's and early 90's they started to turn it around. My first playoff game was game 4 against Boston in a best of 5 series. Pacers down 2-1 and got down early but Chuck Person got hot late and we won. Market Square was so loud and couldn't here my brother next to me. We lost game 5 in Boston thanks to some questionable calls. It was the game where Bird went out in the third quarter after busting his head on the court.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Outside of having a Top 15 player ever and building around him... what is that plan?

Outside of this thread I've not seen anyone complaining about moves the Pacers have made the last year to 1.5 years.  

I’m complaining about what the pacers have done the last couple years. Not necessarily about draft picks but certainly decisions to not move off players and not be more aggressive in trying to move up in the draft or target younger guys that fit the rebuild timeline. Instead of moving back and trading into future drafts I want to see them package and move up in the current draft. Past two years. I want to see us commit to really tanking when there is nothing to play for like other teams do instead of just letting chips fall where they may. A few more games and you end up in the top 5 and who knows if those extra ping pong balls turn into VW.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m complaining about what the pacers have done the last couple years. Not necessarily about draft picks but certainly decisions to not move off players and not be more aggressive in trying to move up in the draft or target younger guys that fit the rebuild timeline. Instead of moving back and trading into future drafts I want to see them package and move up in the current draft. Past two years. I want to see us commit to really tanking when there is nothing to play for like other teams do instead of just letting chips fall where they may. A few more games and you end up in the top 5 and who knows if those extra ping pong balls turn into VW.

It was reported the Pacers tried really hard to move up last night but the asking price was to much. They started looking at around 17 and supposedly for Whitmore. Also saw reports they had talks with GS about Kuminga but didn't want to give up #7 and the same for Atlanta DeAndre Hunter

Edited by IU Scott