NBA Thread

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They have made the Eastern Conference finals 8 times in the last 28 years. At one point them and San Antonio had the longest streaks for making the playoffs 

Stop living in the past Scott lol…that’s what you told me about our draft picks and past moves. Like it or not we last won a playoff game 5 years ago and last won a playoff series 10 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

No it doesn’t. The Pacers have made the playoffs more than not, and would have last year if not for an injury. 

The Pacers are good at making the playoffs…and making it now is even easier with play in games. But creating a team capable of making a deep run and winning a championship the Pacers are far from that level. I sure hope we are in the lottery again…or at least stack up enough picks to make a jump up in the top 5. We don’t have that guy that can carry a team on this roster. There is no superstar…no Jason Tatum, Steph Curry, Gianis, KD, Lebron, Murray/Jokic. History tells us you need that level or multiple of that level star to win a championship. If we keep building teams that are in the 4-8 range in the East and hoping we will somehow exceed expectations we will never win it all. We need bold leadership.

Worst place to be in professional franchise is mediocre. I’d rather be awful than mediocre because at least then you will have the opportunity to have your pick of the draft crop in identifying a superstar. We aren’t going to lure free agents…we aren’t going into deep luxury tax like GS, LA etc. we have to be smart and draft great talent. Winning meaningless games at the end of the year hurt or chances to get generational talent. 

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Stop living in the past Scott lol…that’s what you told me about our draft picks and past moves. Like it or not we last won a playoff game 5 years ago and last won a playoff series 10 years ago.

Yep. This all day long. 10 years since a playoff series win. Been a stretch that I know so many who either had season tickets or better and have all turned them in. The only family I know that still has tickets have it for their clients only.

I really hope we are watching a solid rebuild but maybe I'm being skeptical....because the Simons have never been interested in spending whatever it takes. Being a market this size you either have to spend....or hit on a guy like Giannis. Middle of the road isn't getting a team anywhere.

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The Pacers are good at making the playoffs…and making it now is even easier with play in games. But creating a team capable of making a deep run and winning a championship the Pacers are far from that level. I sure hope we are in the lottery again…or at least stack up enough picks to make a jump up in the top 5. We don’t have that guy that can carry a team on this roster. There is no superstar…no Jason Tatum, Steph Curry, Gianis, KD, Lebron, Murray/Jokic. History tells us you need that level or multiple of that level star to win a championship. If we keep building teams that are in the 4-8 range in the East and hoping we will somehow exceed expectations we will never win it all. We need bold leadership.

I don’t know that Hali can’t be the guy on a team making a deep run. He clears makes the team better and impacts winning, and is putting up some incredible numbers at a young age.

Do we need more around him? Yes, of course. But we’ve got a good core in place. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. This all day long. 10 years since a playoff series win. Been a stretch that I know so many who either had season tickets or better and have all turned them in. The only family I know that still has tickets have it for their clients only.

I really hope we are watching a solid rebuild but maybe I'm being skeptical....because the Simons have never been interested in spending whatever it takes. Being a market this size you either have to spend....or hit on a guy like Giannis. Middle of the road isn't getting a team anywhere.

What about offering a max deal to Ayton last year. He hasn't been willing to go in the luxury tax but have spent money to keep his players when needed 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What about offering a max deal to Ayton last year. He hasn't been willing to go in the luxury tax but have spent money to keep his players when needed 

The Pacers dont need front court help, at least that's what I heard.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Some on here don’t know how much he’ll even play or if he’ll be an upgrade over Gunn and Banks because he may not play enough defense 🤣

So you've seen Mgbako play in a real game and not just highlights?

I usually reserve judgement on a player until I've actually seen them play...But that's just me...

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So you've seen Mgbako play in a real game and not just highlights?

I usually reserve judgement on a player until I've actually seen them play...But that's just me...

You didn’t reserve judgement, you made it pretty clear that you thought we didn’t need to bring him in. The caveat that you trust Woody doesn’t change what you thought on your own. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

You didn’t reserve judgement, you made it pretty clear that you thought we didn’t need to bring him in. The caveat that you trust Woody doesn’t change what you thought on your own. 

You didn't answer the question...

Find a post where I said "I don't want him" 

Good luck...

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It's a well run, championship level, organization recognizing a player's value.

The best deal the Pacers made yesterday was getting Herb $1.2 Million in cash. Pritchard keeps his job for it. Ownership is a joke and Pritchard is a perfect fit for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I’m just smiling about all the Warriors fans learning about TJD for the first time. I’m seeing all these comments like ‘why was this guy still available?’, ‘steal of the draft’,’better than our first round pick’,’the best 2nd rounder since Jokic’. 😆 

Funny that I watch all these highlights of prospects thinking about IU, but have not watched a TJD highlight reel. All I gotta say is we’ve been spoiled. Do yourself a favor and take a trip down memory lane….

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I dont think this is a topic for this board. No one knows whats going on in their family.

I think it’s pretty obvious who Trayce views as his father. He’s talked about it and the family has made it obvious enough without saying anything about Dale. The only time people mention Dale with TJD are IU fans, not Trayce…. So yeah, let’s respect the family and stop the legacy narrative because it’s fun for us to talk about. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You didn't answer the question...

Find a post where I said "I don't want him" 

Good luck...

I didn’t say you said that you didn’t want him, you’re much too careful for that. But let’s not pretend you weren’t skeptical of bringing him in and investing the time in him. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think a lot of people on this board are not giving TJD enough credit. 

I love TJD and hope he has a great career but there are reasons he slipped to 57.  I couldn't believe some the big men that were drafted before him in the second round. Just because as a Pacers fan I see he where it wasn't a fit. Evidently Trace did to and asked the Pacers not to draft him.