NBA Thread

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

O’Connor is really good.  One of the best, so that’s a solid source.  I got a ton of info from him coming into the draft.   GS being involved also validates TJD given how shrewd they’ve been in the draft.  

It will be so weird seeing TJD, not in red, Center Grocve, Indy Heat, IU... 

• Thanks 1

The 3 year deal and guaranteed roster spot isn’t normal for players taken that late. The Pacers would’ve only given him. 2 way deal because the already have Turner, Jackson, Smith, and Theis at the 5 spot on the 15 man roster. Golden State is a great situation based on roster construction and nothing more. 

• Like 6

Just now, btownqb said:

It will be so weird seeing TJD, not in red, Center Grocve, Indy Heat, IU... 

In four years plus three years of high school, I’ve done nothing but gush over the kid.  I will root for him as much I ever have for a former IU kid.  I just think he comes across as a great person who stands for the right things in many aspects.  A teammate, a leader, a student of the game, a representative of IU, a guy who exhibits the utmost character, you name it.  That’s why.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

You guys can justify it however you want.  I'm a Warriors fan now 

You would be more mad if the Pacers drafted him and sat at the end of the bench. They already have enough big guys, Turner, Theis, Jackson, Smith and Walker.

I assume you are still pissed at the Pacers for them drafting Reggie Miller over Steve Alford.

• Like 2

I can see @5fouls point though... IU has a huge fan base, and a gesture of goodwill toward Indiana fans by spending a 2nd round pick on an IU legend, especially one with Trayce's physical talents, wouldn't be the end of the world... There are plenty of 1st round flops and 2nd round surprises historically...

And sometimes gestures of goodwill work out pretty well...See Tommy Lasorda and Mike Piazza... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

As for TJD I don't think the Pacers would be a good fit. I think the pressure of being the home town kid and having all of your family and friends hounding you for tickets wouldn't be ideal.  I have heard other players who have played in their home town says it isn't as great as you think. Also the Fever saw what it was like when Grace Berger didn't play in the first game of the year. The fans were not happy at all and voice their displeasure.

Also I am not an IU fan who automatically roots for the teams that IU players play  on. IT was one of my favorite IU players of all time but hated the Pistons. I hope they do well individually but don't care how their team does.

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, IUFLA said:

I can see @5fouls point though... IU has a huge fan base, and a gesture of goodwill toward Indiana fans by spending a 2nd round pick on an IU legend wouldn't be the end of the world... There are plenty of 1st round flops and 2nd round surprises historically...

And sometimes gestures of goodwill work out pretty well...See Tommy Lasorda and Mike Piazza... 

They did that with Damon Bailey, knowing he wouldn't ever play in the NBA

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I can see @5fouls point though... IU has a huge fan base, and a gesture of goodwill toward Indiana fans by spending a 2nd round pick on an IU legend, especially one with Trayce's physical talents, wouldn't be the end of the world... There are plenty of 1st round flops and 2nd round surprises historically...

That is not how professional sports work though. I mean, truthfully, the last Hoosier kind of did the Pacers incredibly shitty.... so, if anything "IU owes them one". 

• Like 2

Pacers didn't need TJD. Really the only thing that matters. 

Golden State is a great fit for his skill set. 

If you are upset about the Pacers not picking him and him heading to GS, then you are just looking out for you own interests, pretty clearly better for TJD to head to the Warriors. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That is not how professional sports work though. I mean, truthfully, the last Hoosier kind of did the Pacers incredibly shitty.... so, if anything "IU owes them one". 

It's not about IU per se as it is about the fanbase...as I said, I can see the point... 

It's a moot point now, though... But Wong will forever be measured against TJD in future message board discussions...

And to be honest, the one I thought the Pacers really got wrong was picking Jalen Pickett over Seth Lundy... I'm not up on what the Pacers' needs are, but Lundy seems to be more of an NBA fit than Pickett does... 

Just now, IUFLA said:

It's not about IU per se as it is about the fanbase...as I said, I can see the point... 

It's a moot point now, though... But Wong will forever be measured against TJD in future message board discussions...

And to be honest, the one I thought the Pacers really got wrong was picking Jalen Pickett over Seth Lundy... I'm not up on what the Pacers' needs are, but Lundy seems to be more of an NBA fit than Pickett does... 

That wasnt the Pacers pick. And I love Jalen Pickett, so I disagree there too. But I think Lundy can stick too. 

I don't really think they'll be much of TJD vs Isaiah Wong ever on discussion boards. 

I still don't understand why you would think the Pacers should take TJD essentially "just because". It's not a charity. 

• Like 3

Just now, btownqb said:

That wasnt the Pacers pick. And I love Jalen Pickett, so I disagree there too. But I think Lundy can stick too. 

I don't really think they'll be much of TJD vs Isaiah Wong ever on discussion boards. 

I still don't understand why you would think the Pacers should take TJD essentially "just because". It's not a charity. 

I said I understand the point... I didn't say I necessarily agreed with it... I don't watch the NBA enough to know the nuances...

A big part of Pickett's game was backing people down and using his strength... I don't see him doing that in the NBA... Lundy is a better outside shooter and defender...

And if you don't think down the road Wong/TJD career comparisons are inevitable for IU or Pacer fan forums, I don't know what to tell you...