Washington @ Indiana Pre-Game Thread

DC2345

19 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

This season is like a fever dream. I've been to 4 of our games (FIU, UCLA, Maryland, Nebraska). In the latter 3 games, I've had moments I had to wipe some tears from my eyes. Especially at UCLA and vs Nebraska. At UCLA, just the significance of getting to see my Hoosiers play in that historic stadium and they went out and dominated while feeling the presence of so many IU fans. And Nebraska, the whole scene, the crowd, the way the game went. I kept turning around to see how full the stands were, and it wasn't an Ohio State game so I knew those were our fans for the most part. 

This season could end up rivaling seeing my Cubs win a World Series, and that is freaking crazy. One game at a time, of course. I'll be there bright and early on Saturday, I know that.  

As a life long Cubs fan that grew up 4 blocks from Wrigley ..... 🍻 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

As a life long Cubs fan that grew up 4 blocks from Wrigley ..... 🍻 

You seriously grew up that close to Wrigley?  That had to be awesome.  

I'm as huge a sports fan as one could be, but all my teams are an hour plus away.  I never really get to have the full experience that proximity provides.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

You seriously grew up that close to Wrigley?  That had to be awesome.  

I'm as huge a sports fan as one could be, but all my teams are an hour plus away.  I never really get to have the full experience that proximity provides.

Yeah, as a kid I would go to Waveland Avenue and try to catch home run balls during batting practice. Took my glove day after day, just to get mowed down by the older kids. Never did get one, but it wasn't for lack of effort!

• Like 4

My wife and I were just given 2 free tix to the game this Saturday. This is the first year we have not had season tickets and a parking pass. We have always tailgated at Gate 11. What's it going to cost me to park at the church across from Gate 11? I plan on getting there extra, extra early to ensure a spot.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

My wife and I were just given 2 free tix to the game this Saturday. This is the first year we have not had season tickets and a parking pass. We have always tailgated at Gate 11. What's it going to cost me to park at the church across from Gate 11? I plan on getting there extra, extra early to ensure a spot.

It was $30 for the Maryland game.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

a few weeks ago closer to the start of big ten games, parking was about $30/$35.  Now?  Not sure lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

a few weeks ago closer to the start of big ten games, parking was about $30/$35.  Now?  Not sure lol

Thanks,..... I thought I read where they were going as high as $50. $30+ is fine, but $50 is insane, especially if a church is increasing the price...

11 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Yeah, as a kid I would go to Waveland Avenue and try to catch home run balls during batting practice. Took my glove day after day, just to get mowed down by the older kids. Never did get one, but it wasn't for lack of effort!

I had no idea.  I thought you were from Kentucky for some reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Thanks,..... I thought I read where they were going as high as $50. $30+ is fine, but $50 is insane, especially if a church is increasing the price...

It's the little known 11th Commandment.  

'Thou shalt price gouge all football fans on game day'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1