Washington @ Indiana Pre-Game Thread

DC2345

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Vegas had IU at 10.5 favorites before the news of Rouke came out yesterday around noon time.  The line has since shifted to 6.5 in favor of IU at around 53.5 for the over/under.  Vegas still indicating strong favor of IU IMO with a 6.5.   

I should have waited and gotten that extra point, but meh... I still put $20 on us to cover 7.5. 

• Haha 1

Just now, btownqb said:

mm... $18.50 ... ish....

I've woken up 5 straight Sundays, rolled over, grabbed my phone..... logged into Fanduel, found the IU line, bet them to cover.... and then went and made breakfast lol

This week was no different, Rourke or no Rourke! 

that is awesome!  Wish I would have done that.  Rolled the winnings over each week.  

I may do that for IU basketball at the start of the season until battle for Atlantis 

10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Very. The dude lost a fingernail and got a few stitches. He’ll be fine 

That is very reassuring to hear given that  speculation is all over the map - from hangnail (hyperbole I know) to had surgery yesterday  with pins inserted.  What and who to believe - and I am in no way calling anybody out for sharing what they hear.  I just REALLY want to believe that it is a short term thing AND that Tayven will rise to the task to get us through with wins until Kurtis can return.  Go Hoosiers!!!!!

• Like 1

Nice article by @The Daily Hoosier on Tayven and what to expect...I think this is the most important part of Jackson's maturation...

"Jackson has shown improvements in his game since the beginning of fall camp, though Cignetti has always emphasized what he can continue improving at.

“Tayven is capable of making the ‘wow’ play,” Cignetti said during fall camp, “But there has to be more play in, play out consistency, eye discipline, focus, eyes downfield, making the right reads, securing the football, not turning the ball over. Proper footwork in the run game so we don’t have fumbles in the run game. Things of that nature.”

We know he has the physical ability...It'll be the thought process side and execution that'll have to be on display...At first, I thought we might run the ball more, especially in the opening stages of the game...But I think Coach Cignetti is going to play it just like Rourke was still in there...

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Nice article by @The Daily Hoosier on Tayven and what to expect...I think this is the most important part of Jackson's maturation...

"Jackson has shown improvements in his game since the beginning of fall camp, though Cignetti has always emphasized what he can continue improving at.

“Tayven is capable of making the ‘wow’ play,” Cignetti said during fall camp, “But there has to be more play in, play out consistency, eye discipline, focus, eyes downfield, making the right reads, securing the football, not turning the ball over. Proper footwork in the run game so we don’t have fumbles in the run game. Things of that nature.”

We know he has the physical ability...It'll be the thought process side and execution that'll have to be on display...At first, I thought we might run the ball more, especially in the opening stages of the game...But I think Coach Cignetti is going to play it just like Rourke was still in there...

Kind of spot on with how I feel. He definitely is very talented I’m just really nervous about him turning the ball over and I think that’s only way we get best Saturday. The raw talent is there but Can he for a full game manage and lead the team playing smart football

31 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Kind of spot on with how I feel. He definitely is very talented I’m just really nervous about him turning the ball over and I think that’s only way we get best Saturday. The raw talent is there but Can he for a full game manage and lead the team playing smart football

A smart man once said, "the mental is to the physical as four is to one" :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I was surprised Tayven was throwing down field as much as he did in one of our earlier games (WIU?) given that we a decent lead at the time.  Evidence of the aggressive mindset of both Tayven  and Cignetti / Shanahan .  

BTW, not enough credit has been given to Shanahan for his play calling this year. It has been exceptional.

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 8

The only concern I have with Tayven is the lack of reps with Sarratt. The back shoulder throws where Sarratt stops on a dime and curls back to the sideline have been critical to our success, especially on 3rd down. That requires a ton of familiarity between QB and WR. As long as Tayven plays within himself and the system, he’ll play well and we won’t skip a beat. He played lights out against Nebraska and has enough experience to not let this moment get too big. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I was surprised Tayven was throwing down field as much as he did in one of our earlier games (WIU?) given that we a decent lead at the time.  Evidence of the aggressive mindset of both Tayven  and Cignetti / Shanahan .  

BTW, not enough credit has been given to Shanahan for his play calling this year. It has been exceptional.

I think that was more to do with getting in quality reps for Tayven vs sending in the backup to rest the starter and drain the clock. Either way, I’m glad he got those reps

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Once the bed hardens it doesn’t hurt anymore. I’m a mechanic and have done this a few times. Hurts like hell for 4-5 days but once you get past that it’s not bad. 

Yeah…as long as the bone isn’t broken he’ll probably be “fine” by Saturday but he won’t be able to practice all week. When this happened to me it took a month for the nail to start growing back but stopped being sore after 5-6 days

Edited by Hoosier82
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Using this thread as the pregame thread.

The Washington Huskies (4-3, 2-2) visit Bloomington on Saturday 10/26 at 12:00pm to face the 13th ranked Indiana Hoosiers (7-0, 4-0). As we all know by now, ESPN College Gameday will be at the game, and it is a second consecutive sold out game for the Hoosiers.

In terms of SP+ rankings, Indiana is ranked 12th overall with the 12th ranked offense and 22nd ranked defense. Washington is 27th overall with the 44th ranked offense and 26th ranked defense. My takeaway from these metrics is that Washington will be the most balanced team on both sides of ball that we have played this season.

Indiana leads the all-time series 2-1. Indiana won the first ever meeting between the schools 20-13 in Seattle on 9/25/1976 and took the second meeting 14-7 in Bloomington on 9/23/1978. Washington gained their victory 38-13 in Seattle on 9/6/2003.

IU is heavily favored even with Kurtis Rourke set to sit out this game with a thumb injury. I expect Tayven Jackson to put up a good performance on Saturday, we have a phenomenal coaching staff with a full week to prepare so I expect no letdown, next man up is how we roll.

image.thumb.png.56a17f0d59fe8ceb506419979d7b3469.pngimage.png.2837a9e9a6a2fbbf3f516555e73d1f61.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Victobmyboy said:

Once the bed hardens it doesn’t hurt anymore. I’m a mechanic and have done this a few times. Hurts like hell for 4-5 days but once you get past that it’s not bad. 

Ever had to drill your thumb nail because it had a pocket of blood under it that was causing pressure? 

Jesus that hurts 

• Thanks 1

• KDB changed the title to Washington @ Indiana Pre-Game Thread
8 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

If Rourke ripped his entire thumbnail off, it may take up to 6 months to grow back. This may be a pain tolerance issue.

Dropped a 50 lb steel plate on my finger while working in an factoring during college. Immediate blood and swelling. Lost my fingernail the following week by relieving the pressure and pulling up the nail. Neosporin and a bandaid.

obviously I wasn’t leading a top 15 team to An undefeated season at the time, but if this is all it was, I’d have a hard time figuring him missing more than a couple weeks total. 

Edited by kycarter88
  • Like 1