Washington @ Indiana Pre-Game Thread

DC2345

Really wishing Jackson all the best this Saturday. Not just because I want the Hoosiers to win. The Young man has hung in there, worked hard and waiting his time. Anyone who has been an athlete in any sport knows is the toughest quality to have. Staying positive, staying humble and being ready for your moment. Go give them hell young man and GO HOOSIERS!

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

10% better chance than beating NEB... interesting. 

Not too surprising since IU jumped 2.6 points in SP plus after the Nebraska game - which is a huge jump at this point in the year. Washington is also ranked slightly lower than Nebraska was before playing us.

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

With two defensive minded teams, I do think scoring will be down a bit. Last week we were buoyed by 28 points off turnovers. I don't see that repeating. I anticipate a closer game and my prediction was for a 31-20 score. Not too far off from ESPN!

I think the turnovers are a little bit misleading. 3 of the 5 turnovers were on 4th down while Nebraska was in the red zone, so even without the turnover we were getting the ball back. And 2/3 of those 4th down turnovers didn’t really lead to short fields for the offense.

I do agree it’ll probably be lower scoring, but that’s more from the questions around how our offense looks with Tayven instead of Rourke.  Tayven looked good in the second half, but he didn’t really have to lead any long TD drives - the longest being 51 yards. The other TD drives were 19 yards, 28 yards, and 19 yards. So we’ll have to see if he’s capable of orchestrating long drives consistently like Rourke is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kdug said:

I think the turnovers are a little bit misleading. 3 of the 5 turnovers were on 4th down while Nebraska was in the red zone, so even without the turnover we were getting the ball back. And 2/3 of those 4th down turnovers didn’t really lead to short fields for the offense.

I do agree it’ll probably be lower scoring, but that’s more from the questions around how our offense looks with Tayven instead of Rourke.  Tayven looked good in the second half, but he didn’t really have to lead any long TD drives - the longest being 51 yards. The other TD drives were 19 yards, 28 yards, and 19 yards. So we’ll have to see if he’s capable of orchestrating long drives consistently like Rourke is.

I’m not expecting it, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see the staff air it out for some deep throws with Jackson, either.

He has great arm strength, and we’ve proved we will be aggressive.

I wouldn’t expect us to go conservative at all just because it’s Jackson instead of Rourke. We will just run less RPO and shift to running and pass plays that play to Jackson’s strengths.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

You are all in man, I love it!!!

This season is like a fever dream. I've been to 4 of our games (FIU, UCLA, Maryland, Nebraska). In the latter 3 games, I've had moments I had to wipe some tears from my eyes. Especially at UCLA and vs Nebraska. At UCLA, just the significance of getting to see my Hoosiers play in that historic stadium and they went out and dominated while feeling the presence of so many IU fans. And Nebraska, the whole scene, the crowd, the way the game went. I kept turning around to see how full the stands were, and it wasn't an Ohio State game so I knew those were our fans for the most part. 

This season could end up rivaling seeing my Cubs win a World Series, and that is freaking crazy. One game at a time, of course. I'll be there bright and early on Saturday, I know that.  

• Like 6