Nebraska @ IU Post Game thread

Reacher

That’s two veteran WRs who have left the program during the season.  I love the way Cross, Cooper and the other guys are playing, but I’m wondering what this does to our depth.  After the two above and Sarratt and Rice there is Coby.  I guess we will see Coby more and just see those five guys?  Are there any young guys we might see more of?

17 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

They should limit the four game redshirt rule to freshmen and injury waivers.  

Unintended consequence to let every dufus who isn’t playing to leave before they play four games so they don’t burn a year.  This is not healthy.  

This looks like an opportunity to add a better, more invested player.

Got this off reddit.  Statically we layed down the biggest beat down 

Absolutely embarrassing for Nebraska

statsowar_on_twitter_did_we_really_get_beat_that

I'm happy but also sad. My grandmother is from a small town in Nebraska close to Lincoln.  I grew up a fan of both IU and Nebraska.  Obviously IU basketball and NU football.  My how the tables have turned. 

I even sewed a Nebraska Football pillow for myself in 8th grade Home Economics class. Age me, lol. 

33 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

That’s two veteran WRs who have left the program during the season.  I love the way Cross, Cooper and the other guys are playing, but I’m wondering what this does to our depth.  After the two above and Sarratt and Rice there is Coby.  I guess we will see Coby more and just see those five guys?  Are there any young guys we might see more of?

Williams has been pretty good as well

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Yes but now we are down another guy for this season and EJ brought some size.  EJ and DMac were bigger guys and you lose that diversity and depth.  

So, what were their issues. They were playing for arguably the best IU team ever, were getting national attention, and probably top shelf perks at the after parties. If it's about personal accomplishment, not sure I want them in the locker room when the team is doing so well.

• Like 1

I'm not posting this to disparage EJ but here are his game logs for the entire season. We have an abundance of wealth in the WR room this season. His catch in the NW game was notable and I appreciate his efforts. End of the day, anyone not happy with their role on a legitimate college football playoff contender, I wish them well and I'm more focused on the guys who want to be here and do great things in a historic season of Indiana football.

image.png.eae2605e2a558a6b1d902c7b0469a095.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cthomas said:

So, what were their issues. They were playing for arguably the best IU team ever, were getting national attention, and probably top shelf perks at the after parties. If it's about personal accomplishment, not sure I want them in the locker room when the team is doing so well.

I agree with your premise.  I just don’t like the rule that incentivizes and allows guys to leave en masse mid season.  It makes a mockery of education too.   The NCAA is pathetic to begin with and it’s exacerbated by their fear of the courts.  But they don’t play their ace in the hole which is their vested interest in maintaining student-athletes and that it’s a competition that by its nature has to have rules.  The NCAA lacks any kind of ability to navigate all this and set up sustainable rules that are coherent.  

As for the players, it’s comical how many of them think they are NFL bound.  “I am the sixth receiver in the rotation in college but I have to protect my pro rankings.”   You know, if five receivers are ahead of you, you might want a reality check.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I agree with your premise.  I just don’t like the rule that incentivizes and allows guys to leave en masse mid season.  It makes a mockery of education too.   The NCAA is pathetic to begin with and it’s exacerbated by their fear of the courts.  But they don’t play their ace in the hole which is their vested interest in maintaining student-athletes and that it’s a competition that by its nature has to have rules.  The NCAA lacks any kind of ability to navigate all this and set up sustainable rules that are coherent.  

As for the players, it’s comical how many of them think they are NFL bound.  “I am the sixth receiver in the rotation in college but I have to protect my pro rankings.”   You know, if five receivers are ahead of you, you might want a reality check.  

I agree 100% with everything you said.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Well said!

• Thanks 1