Old IU Campus Photo?

I was given this framed photo from my Grandma in the mid-80s. I was told it was of IUB campus. It then was boxed, forgotten, presumably lost. I was going through some boxes today and was reunited with it. 

I haven’t been on the campus for any length of time since the late 90s. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed an old IUB campus photo and what buildings/area it is?  There is no descriptions on the back. Appreciated. 

IMG_4007.jpeg

• Like 3

Great photo.  What’s the vintage?  Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the sample gates would be to the left of the buildings you’re looking at.  The current law school would be to the left of where the photographer is standing.  Swain, Jordan Ave., etc., would be behind the photographer.  

17 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Great photo.  What’s the vintage?  Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the sample gates would be to the left of the buildings you’re looking at.  The current law school would be to the left of where the photographer is standing.  Swain, Jordan Ave., etc., would be behind the photographer.  

From BtB, Im being told pre-1930s.  Franklin Hall and the Student Building are the two left buildings. Dunn Meadow before it became wooded. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

From BtB, Im being told pre-1930s.  Franklin Hall and the Student Building are the two left buildings. Dunn Meadow before it became wooded. 

Yep, those are the correct buildings.  That’s the original quad that has Swain on the south end.  Lindley, Kirkwood, and Wylie on the east.  None of those are pictured of course.  My grandmother was a student there in the 20s when Branch McCracken was a player.  I didn’t know that was originally called Dunn Meadow???  Today that is called Dunn’s Woods and Dunn Meadow is elsewhere.  What a great old pic!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Yep, those are the correct buildings.  That’s the original quad that has Swain on the south end.  Lindley, Kirkwood, and Wylie on the east.  None of those are pictured of course.  My grandmother was a student there in the 20s when Branch McCracken was a player.  I didn’t know that was originally called Dunn Meadow???  Today that is called Dunn’s Woods and Dunn Meadow is elsewhere.  What a great old pic!

I misspoke. It’s Dunn’s Woods. I had the names confused. ;)

• Like 1