Northwestern Gamethread

7 minutes ago, Kdug said:

We kind of got the short side of that part of the schedule. UCLA, NW, Nebraska, and Washington all come off bye weeks before playing us. Luckily Nebraska is the toughest game in there, and that’s our bye week as well.

Washington is giving the Wolverines all they want and more right now.  UW with 142 yards offense to UM’s 33 in first quarter.

Edited by jv1972iu

16 minutes ago, Kdug said:

We kind of got the short side of that part of the schedule. UCLA, NW, Nebraska, and Washington all come off bye weeks before playing us. Luckily Nebraska is the toughest game in there, and that’s our bye week as well.

Imo the schedule was great. Allowed us to build momentum into the season. Confidence goes a long way and having the easy games early helped us. Slowly playing better teams but building off the last win. This is as favorable a B1G schedule as you can ask for. 

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I consider getting road games at UCLA, Northwestern, MSU, and OSU to be very favorable.  You're going to lose to OSU regardless, but the other 3 are the kind of teams you want to be your road games.  By contrast, getting Nebraska, Washington, and Michigan at home is a lot better than getting them on the road.   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Imo the schedule was great. Allowed us to build momentum into the season. Confidence goes a long way and having the easy games early helped us. Slowly playing better teams but building off the last win. This is as favorable a B1G schedule as you can ask for. 

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I consider getting road games at UCLA, Northwestern, MSU, and OSU to be very favorable.  You're going to lose to OSU regardless, but the other 3 are the kind of teams you want to be your road games.  By contrast, getting Nebraska, Washington, and Michigan at home is a lot better than getting them on the road.   

100%. Wasn’t saying our schedule wasn’t favorable, just that one particular aspect (opponents coming off byes) makes it a little more difficult than it first seems.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kdug said:

100%. Wasn’t saying our schedule wasn’t favorable, just that one particular aspect (opponents coming off byes) makes it a little more difficult than it first seems.

Play who you play and beat them. That is all the team can control. Gain momentum and hope we continue to improve. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not going to automatically consider OSU a loss and I don't think CCC is either. If we keep this rolling, and I think we will, I'm not sure OSU will think we are an automatic win. I expect we will compete to the end. This is not the typical IU football team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am 100% on the bandwagon. But realize, our conference opponents to date are a combined 0-7 in conference. 

It's going to get tougher and should be fun. 

Agreed. It’s fun to actually have hope and something to look forward to. Can’t remember the last time I was sad IU had a bye week coming up 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I am 100% on the bandwagon. But realize, our conference opponents to date are a combined 0-7 in conference. 

It's going to get tougher and should be fun. 

The next two aren’t going to be easy but should be fun

13 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Scott Dolson better be ready to write a blank check if the second half of the season is like the first...

I think you guys are forgetting what Cig said when he got hired. "this is my last stop" 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

I think you guys are forgetting what Cig said when he got hired. "this is my last stop" 

12/21/06:

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

He's bristled at nearly every suggestion about him leaving the Dolphins since.

"I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. But what's happening here is my business and our business, and that's what we're focused on."

"He told us a couple weeks ago that he's proud to be a Dolphin and he's going to be sticking around," Dolphins quarterback Joey Harrington said. "So I take him at his word. I've taken him at his
word ever since I came here. He's one of the reasons why I decided to come to Miami. And so, if he tells us he's going to say, I trust him. But on the other hand, there's a lot of job offers out there and he's a tremendous coach."

1/3/07:

“We are extremely pleased to welcome Coach Nick Saban and his family to The University of Alabama,” said Dr. Robert E. Witt, President of the University of Alabama.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

12/21/06:

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

"I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it. What they talk about over there is their business. But what's happening here is my business and our business, and that's what we're focused on."

"He told us a couple weeks ago that he's proud to be a Dolphin and he's going to be sticking around," Dolphins quarterback Joey Harrington said. "So I take him at his word. I've taken him at his
word ever since I came here. He's one of the reasons why I decided to come to Miami. And so, if he tells us he's going to say, I trust him. But on the other hand, there's a lot of job offers out there and he's a tremendous coach."

1/3/07:

“We are extremely pleased to welcome Coach Nick Saban and his family to The University of Alabama,” said Dr. Robert E. Witt, President of the University of Alabama.

True. I guess you just never know? 

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

12/21/06:

1/3/07:

The big difference to me is the age of Saban then and Cig now. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Scott Dolson better be ready to write a blank check if the second half of the season is like the first...

A one year contract extension will now kick in Dec1,  250k raise, added year worth 5.1m (3.3m guaranteed), 200k bonus this year plus under Cig contract IU must make 500k increase over current budget for IU staff beginning Jan 1, 2025 per Steve Berkowitz, USA Today sports 

• Like 2