2025 Wing Winters Grady Commits to Michigan

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Sounds like we're in late...but...

I saw him play I want to say against Montverde when they played Prolific Prep on ESPN...

Kid can shoot, that's for sure, but other pieces of his game need work

Some people freaked out think he’s a backup to Mullins. It’s clear to me he’s definitely more of a SF than a guard. He moves similar to Goode imo. 

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I wouldn't mind him just to piss of Iowa and MI. Other schools need to get used to losing recruits to us.

Exactly. Plus after what we’ve gone through the last few years. I want all the shooters possible 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I watched some clips.  Shooter, yes.  Not a great athlete but he’s skilled.  But what really won me over is his no-nonsense approach.  He gets after it.  Tough kid.  

It’s encouraging that the staff saw something in this kid.  

That’s why I’ve said he reminds me of Goode. He’s definitely a SF and not a guard 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I watched some clips.  Shooter, yes.  Not a great athlete but he’s skilled.  But what really won me over is his no-nonsense approach.  He gets after it.  Tough kid.  

It’s encouraging that the staff saw something in this kid.  

In our offense even the new one he would be the outlet weak side guy. He would get a lot of looks from there. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Indeed…can he get it off at the college level?? He won’t have that kind of space in college.

I think that concern is an often stated, but overblown concern.

Bird couldn't jump, and had a wind up release. 

Hulls was short and couldn't jump a lick. Roth and Zeisloft got their shots off when on the floor. Yogi could jump, but he was 4' 8".   Lol

There's time to get a shot off. Very few shots are highly contested where the ability to jump high in the shot determines if you get it off or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

Hulls was short and couldn't jump a lick. Roth and Zeisloft got their shots off when on the floor. Yogi could jump, but he was 4' 8".   Lol

There's time to get a shot off. Very few shots are highly contested where the ability to jump high in the shot determines if you get it off or not.

I agree.  He shoots from above his forehead, not Bird style, but high enough to alleviate concerns in my opinion.  If he didn't jump and was shooting form his hip/chest area then it would concern me.  I also think if you go and look at some of the best in game shooters, a lot of them are guys who don't jump real high.  When you have tired legs those  "jump" shots start falling short.  A guy who has a lower jumping profile can stay more consistent.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2024 at 9:23 AM, bluegrassIU said:

It isn’t so much his lift…it’s the motion…he kinda shoots straight out in front of him and it’s a slow release…we’ve seen guys who need room or they won’t fire the shot. It wasn’t just he has little lift…that’s more for his jumper in traffic.

• Like 1