McCulley

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

F*** him 

.....It's crazy to think that losing him in years past could have seemed tough or even devastating. It also goes to show you how much of a difference Coach Cignetti and Co. have changed everything we think, thought or knew about the "old IU".   Currently, he was just a piece of a LOADED receiving corps and not the "go to" guy that he once was.

I don't think he really bought in the the new regime...... What happened to all this stuff he was talking about earlier.....? lol

"Indiana University football wide receiver Donaven McCulley told new coach Curt Cignetti to "coach me hard" and that Cignetti's tough love approach was helping him improve as a player."

• Thanks 1

I guess he did it now because he hasn’t played 4 games yet and that way this year won’t be counted against him in terms of eligibility.

I don’t worry about players who can’t compete and beat out others.  Crybabies leave when others are outplaying him.  Saratt, Cooper, Price, Cross, and others.   Route running, separation, hands, etc., aren’t they superior to DM?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I guess he did it now because he hasn’t played 4 games yet and that way this year won’t be counted against him in terms of eligibility.

I don’t worry about players who can’t compete and beat out others.  Crybabies leave when others are outplaying him.  Saratt, Cooper, Price, Cross, and others.   Route running, separation, hands, etc., aren’t they superior to DM?

Exactly. Under the current rules, it was the right decision. I’m confident if IU was 2-3 and DM was leading in catches and yardage he wouldn’t be leaving. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s been pretty obvious that he and Cig haven’t gotten along. In my opinion he’s better/more athletic than any guy we’ve got but it doesn’t appear as though he has the continuous effort and focus required. Im disappointed he couldn’t rise to the occasion. If he doesn’t, he’ll be in a similar position somewhere else. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Exactly. Under the current rules, it was the right decision. I’m confident if IU was 2-3 and DM was leading in catches and yardage he wouldn’t be leaving. 

Cig can argue he didn’t deserve it but he wasn’t on the field enough to have a chance. He was lucky to get more than 1 target per game except in mop up duty. Disappointed but not surprised. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Cig can argue he didn’t deserve it but he wasn’t on the field enough to have a chance. He was lucky to get more than 1 target per game except in mop up duty. Disappointed but not surprised. 

I mean we have Omar Cooper and Elijah Sarratt as our outside receivers. Those guys have been two of the best in the conference. To me it just seems like he got beat out by better players.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Wasn't on the field? 

We've had 10 spring ball practices, gobs of preseason practices, and a whole slew of in season practices.. 

That's a load of field time to prove himself. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wasn't on the field? 

We've had 10 spring ball practices, gobs of preseason practices, and a whole slew of in season practices.. 

That's a load of field time to prove himself. 

My comment was in response to “if we were 2-3 and DM was leading in catches he wouldnt be leaving”. Meaning, he wasn’t given a chance to do that regardless of our record. He’s played well when he’s been in the game,, including the spring game. I believe he can out perform any guy in that WR room but it doesn’t appear as though he puts forth the same level of effort and thus butted heads with Cig. I could be wrong but I’m getting “Boobie Miles, flipping through Mercedes catalogs while everyone else lifts” vibes…which is unfortunate….dude is an absolute asset. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

My comment was in response to “if we were 2-3 and DM was leading in catches he wouldnt be leaving”. Meaning, he wasn’t given a chance to do that regardless of our record. He’s played well when he’s been in the game,, including the spring game. I believe he can out perform any guy in that WR room but it doesn’t appear as though he puts forth the same level of effort and thus butted heads with Cig. I could be wrong but I’m getting “Boobie Miles, flipping through Mercedes catalogs while everyone else lifts” vibes…which is unfortunate….dude is an absolute asset. 

Apologies for dialing that up wrong. 

Ultimately-- it's just pretty clear how well we practice. It's flat out impossible to execute the way we have for 5 games without focused practices. Been a joy to watch. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I mean we have Omar Cooper and Elijah Sarratt as our outside receivers. Those guys have been two of the best in the conference. To me it just seems like he got beat out by better players.

Miles Cross has been starting over Cooper and that needs to change but Cross is really good too. I think McCulley fits better in 4 wide formations as an extra slot/over the middle guy. He’s a red zone stud but clearly he wants a bigger role and wasn’t going to get that here with the room we have. 

4 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

There is a really great Ted Talk out there with Desmond Howard, and I highly recommend it.  His mantra was “No matter how talented you are, if you aren’t coachable, you are replaceable.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

There is a really great Ted Talk out there with Desmond Howard, and I highly recommend it.  His mantra was “No matter how talented you are, if you aren’t coachable, you are replaceable.”

Either they can't, or they won't. Doesn't really matter which.