Maryland Game Thread

4 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Just now able to check the score…..way to go Hoosiers! We live in Asheville, NC and haven’t been able to get service since Hurricane Helene went through early Friday morning. I had to drive out of the area just to get cell service. Growing up in Indiana I’m very familiar with what a tornado can do, but I’ve never seen widespread devastation like this. It’s like war zone. Please pray for everyone’s safety as the recovery process begins. 

Right there with you amigo ❤️ It is devastating what has happened to our beautiful town.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiminNC said:

I went to the game today and the crowd was definitely loud and engaged.  Most stayed until the end.  We had seats close to the 50 yard line right behind the Maryland bench.  It was fun watching them hang their heads when they got down big in the second half.

This team as a whole just has a entirely different personality than previous teams.  It is really amazing to see the difference.  

Coaching matters

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

What was most impressive to me is that we didn’t give up a first down after those first three turnovers and maybe all four.  The defense was just lights out on the sudden change.

Thanks for pointing that out. I can't remember if I asked here or somewhere else but for the D to step up like that was huge!

• Like 1

As great as Cig is as a head coach, his staff is a huge part of that.  The defense is fast to the ball, and well designed.  The offensive staff had some excellent play designs and had a great game plan.  The special teams have been sound.  

Having a great staff is a huge function of the head coach.  

• Like 5

Having that balance on both sides of the ball is huge. Our offense gets the majority of the pub because it’s been so effective and dynamic, but the defense is really doing a solid job. The DL is getting serious pressure and causing a great deal of disruption — and usually at the right time.

It doesn’t feel like either side has to do more than necessary to overcompensate for the other (and ST)’s deficiencies like we saw in the past. The prevailing feeling is more “it’s our turn to feast” vs “we have to do this because the other side can’t”. Huge difference.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Just now able to check the score…..way to go Hoosiers! We live in Asheville, NC and haven’t been able to get service since Hurricane Helene went through early Friday morning. I had to drive out of the area just to get cell service. Growing up in Indiana I’m very familiar with what a tornado can do, but I’ve never seen widespread devastation like this. It’s like war zone. Please pray for everyone’s safety as the recovery process begins. 

My wife and I just left the Smoky Mountains. Got there last Sunday and planned to stay there thru Friday. Starting on Wed., we got rain and lasted all night into Thurs. The little stream behind our cabin turned into a raging river. We made the decision to cut our vacation short and leave early. Trees were blown over and the road leading from our cabin was flooded and had to take a detour on back roads to get out of Pigeon Forge. I can't begin to imagine the devastation that could have happened to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge if that storm had moved just a little more to the West!

I have donated to the Red Cross and encourage all Hoosier fans to do the same.

• Like 3