Maryland Game Thread

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have never had this much confidence in a coach and a team than I do with this one. Even when we were struggling I never doubted we would get going offensively.

I checked you posting history.. I think you might have questioned the Hoosier direction a few time. MAYBE a few dozen hundred times. Were you hacked? If so, it happens!  I suppose?

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier

19 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Just now able to check the score…..way to go Hoosiers! We live in Asheville, NC and haven’t been able to get service since Hurricane Helene went through early Friday morning. I had to drive out of the area just to get cell service. Growing up in Indiana I’m very familiar with what a tornado can do, but I’ve never seen widespread devastation like this. It’s like war zone. Please pray for everyone’s safety as the recovery process begins. 

Prayers for your safety and for all around you.   Be safe.  

• Like 1

Just getting back. Wish I could have stayed in the lots for more than a couple post game. Few things. Man the stones on Cignetti. This guy just has it. In 30 days he's changed the entire identity of a program and now the fans are loading up for the next home game.....PS...don't sell to Nebraska gang.

In terms of game to beat a good team not great by 2 TD's with 4 turnovers???? Sarratt, Lawton, Ellison...even after a bad start Rourke and the staff shook it off and he did his thing. Two other guys I wanted to mention. First Horton. This kid is in on almost every play and he doesn't even get discussed sometimes. On the other side of the ball. Ponds. How the heck is a 5'9 football player weighing 170lbs soaking wet in on almost every single play?? I'm glad I taped the game. Will have to go back and watch some stuff.

Finally. Best crowd at IU since the Cincy game before the ejection....and best crowd otherwise in a long, long time. Just bought tickets for Nebraska. 10/19 can't get here soon enough. Go Hoosiers!

• Like 9

I love this post game comment from Coach Locksley…..

Our punter is a weapon so I was hoping to change the field position and just end the game and get off the field. You know what? We weren't playing very good and I made the decision to wave the white flag.

…in other words, enough is enough! Relentless and Resilient….
Go IU!!

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Biggest part of the game was the D getting 3 and outs after the two early picks. They score after those and it’s a different game. 

Memory is fuzzy right now but I'd love to know what our D did after each turnover. I felt like we stopped them completely so the turnovers while frustrating didn't cause us any damage.

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Stat just given on the radio broadcast, on the four MD drives after the four IU turnovers, our defense has not given up a 1st down and we have held MD to -9 yards on those four drives. 

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Memory is fuzzy right now but I'd love to know what our D did after each turnover. I felt like we stopped them completely so the turnovers while frustrating didn't cause us any damage.

22 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I love this post game comment from Coach Locksley…..

Our punter is a weapon so I was hoping to change the field position and just end the game and get off the field. You know what? We weren't playing very good and I made the decision to wave the white flag.

…in other words, enough is enough! Relentless and Resilient….
Go IU!!

Nothing wrong with his decision. More likely he has a player injured than they win the game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Just now able to check the score…..way to go Hoosiers! We live in Asheville, NC and haven’t been able to get service since Hurricane Helene went through early Friday morning. I had to drive out of the area just to get cell service. Growing up in Indiana I’m very familiar with what a tornado can do, but I’ve never seen widespread devastation like this. It’s like war zone. Please pray for everyone’s safety as the recovery process begins. 

Yeah, my daughter and her fiancee live in Asheville. No power, no water and pretty much no cell signal. I'm trying to figure out if I can get to her. Get 1-2 brief texts per day. What a mess.  Hope you're all through it soon. 

• Sad 1