Allegations of past inappropriate conduct regarding IU basketball doctor

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Fair, but I'll have to disagree.

Just as it's reasonable to ask the doctor why the exam was necessary after it's confirmed it was actually done, it's equally fair to ask the accuser why he or she didn't speak sooner.  I get that there are a lot of reasons to delay speaking up but there are plenty of examples to prove they are not all good reasons.  History is littered with belated accusations that only cropped up after a person became wealthy, famous, politically powerful, etc.  Even changing public attitudes to certain behaviors can come into play for better or for worse.

I'm not dismissing the accusation because of the time lapse, but I think it's fair to factor it and inquire about the reason(s) for delaying reporting the incident.  If we don't ask that kind of question, it's possible to encourage accusations of long ago bad behavior that are nothing more than retaliatory and/or seeking financial or some other form of gain.  That's my JMO.

Don’t see anything unfair here!

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

When I was 19 I was required to get a physical examination before starting my intern job.  I was sent to a clinic in town and "that" ritual was part of the exam.😬

(I was naive and totally unfamiliar with "digital exams".  Thank God for PSA tests today!)

I'm old so I guess I get the argument but I routinely have PSA under .5 and always get Dr Jellyfinger.

On 9/12/2024 at 2:51 PM, OGIUAndy said:

I am no doctor, but I don't think back in the day they were doing rectal/prostate exams to teenagers and guys in their early 20s. If anything, that seems like something they would do to younger people now, but definitely not back then. So it seems like if this is true, it would be a bit unusual to say the least. 

I have heard from multiple people including a doctor this was a common practice back in the day. Also heard this complaint is not very credible fwiw. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1