FIU Game Thread

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

4 OT game over Akron comes ti mind.  

Was getting to post something about people complaining about the game being boring. If you want excitement we had that last year vs Akron.

For the most part I was pleased with the defense except for the last possession of the first half.

The offense was good for the first quarter and a half 

The bad,  the offensive penalties and the pass protection.

The good,  the running game and the defense.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Slept thru this one but can someone TLDR? Looks like some decent glimpses but overall lots of room to improve? 

I had to look up what TLDR meant.

Yes.  Much room for improvement.  The first quarter and a half were sound, efficient, and pretty much mistake free. 

Offensive line struggled in the 2nd half with protection and penalties, making offense challenging.  Run offense was pretty good throughout.  

Defense was solid except for one drive at the end of the first half.

Coach Cignetti had a classic sideline interview at the half.  Reported thought Coach would be pleased.  He wasn't.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Slept thru this one but can someone TLDR? Looks like some decent glimpses but overall lots of room to improve? 

First quarter: B

Second quarter: C

Third quarter: B-

Fourth Quarter: C+

Aiden Fisher is a stud. Lots of receiver depth. Good RBs. Didn’t really sustain the energy and momentum of the first quarter.

Not bad, just a lot of room for improvement. Promising!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

We'll find out a lot more about how good this team can be in two weeks in Pasadena, and I'll be there! Can't wait!

Ditto. The Rose Bowl is such a cool place to watch a game. There’s a healthy amount of fellow Hoosiers out here, so I’m very interested to see what our turnout will be.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Wisconsin, MSU, UCLA, Michigan all looked worse. 

3 of those with new coaches. 

Wisconsin was in serious trouble late. If it weren’t for that fluky bounce on the punt in the 4th quarter, they very well could’ve lost that game.

• Like 3