FIU Game Thread

2 minutes ago, trc said:

I'm surprised that Serratt was not more involved and they went away from the TE. Lsing Mculley has not helped either but it's the first game. Very pleased wit hthe defense and a team that can tackle someone. I do believe our offense will grow by each game.

Definitely we are improved in every way. But there is plenty for coach to dig into.

I am still very optimistic.  I can bet 100% Coach Cig will mot be happy with the performance. 

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

What a bunch of whiners.  You were expecting Bart Starr and the Packers or maybe Mahomes and the Chiefs??  Jesus…it’s the first game and IU is going to win.  But that’s not good enough.  WTF!!

I don't see any whining. I think everybody has been overall pleased.

Been a stagnant 2nd half. 

Coach Cig Sleeping is a perfect representation of the 2nd half. He’s not happy. Gotta clean up some stuff. We’ll see what next week holds against a team that went 0-11 last year. May be UCLA before we get a good idea of where we are. Regardless…1-0.

Edited by Hoosier987

I thought the offense lacked some precision and that will help it be more dynamic. 

The defense was very sound.  They knew their responsibilities and played with toughness.  Lack of breakdowns for the most part.  I think there’s almost no chance that Coach Haines doesn’t end up a high level head coach someday.