IU vs Florida International Pregame Thread

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m really excited to see this team in action. I wouldn’t be surprised if we start slow and then get rolling as the game progresses.  

Likewise, and I don't enter this game expecting to cover that spread. Just win the game and I'm happy. I am sure there will be rough moments. 

• Like 1

I, too, expect to be there, making the trip up from Mississippi for my first football game in 20 years. Expect to park in the grass lot next for Foster. Look for the Mississippi tag on a Hyundai Tucson with the faded IU sticker, but probably won't get there until closer to game time.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

We are 5 days away from the official dawn of a new era, the Coach Cig Era! Smoke 'em if you got 'em! :coffee:

IU is a fairly heavy favorite. I will be in attendance and parked in the Forrest Avenue grass lot, probably arriving fairly early so if anyone wants to hang out, hit me up! 

image.png.11b4bec0c0650ec4dcce862da68d88b0.png

When you say "grass lot" and "smoke 'em if you got 'em"......

• Haha 1

I want to see:

- Consistent ability to move the ball on offense.

- Very few penalties, specifically drive killers like holding and personal fouls.

- An aggressive, yet disciplined defense.  If the D gets pushed around by FIU, or gives up several big plays,  I will be very concerned about the season.

- A scoring margin at the end of the game that clearly indicates who the better team was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I want to see:

- Consistent ability to move the ball on offense.

- Very few penalties, specifically drive killers like holding and personal fouls.

- An aggressive, yet disciplined defense.  If the D gets pushed around by FIU, or gives up several big plays,  I will be very concerned about the season.

- A scoring margin at the end of the game that clearly indicates who the better team was.

Would you like fries or chips with your order?   😁✌️

6 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Wow, IU is really stepping up their game day food pallet! Check out these new choices. Crazy yummy!

I love the emphasis on improving the game day experience over the past 15 years.  Fred had some good ideas and executed on the stadium.

I’m a big Scott Dolson backer.  The guy gets it.  He’s not a bureaucrat from an ivory tower with weird logic.  He understands things from a sports perspective.  

I am not in the mood to rehash the dysfunction in athletics but in my estimation he’s not the issue.  He’s more of the heroic figure trying to fight the good fight internally.  

• Like 3

On 8/29/2024 at 2:44 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

I love the emphasis on improving the game day experience over the past 15 years.  Fred had some good ideas and executed on the stadium.

I’m a big Scott Dolson backer.  The guy gets it.  He’s not a bureaucrat from an ivory tower with weird logic.  He understands things from a sports perspective.  

I am not in the mood to rehash the dysfunction in athletics but in my estimation he’s not the issue.  He’s more of the heroic figure trying to fight the good fight internally.  

He gets a lot of heat for Woodson. But he has no control over that. He was told to hire Woodson. And he would have to be told to fire him. The BIG boosters are running our basketball program.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1