B1G Football

4 hours ago, cybergates said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/40638387/2024-college-football-allstate-playoff-bracket-predictor

Fun little "game" on ESPN

Shows us at 40% chance to make the playoffs as off yesterday and let's you pick who you think will win 3 of IU's games, if they win/lose/don't participate in the B1G championship game and then the results of your picks. I had us winning at home vs. Nebraska/Michigan, losing at O$U, and not making the championship game and it projected us to be in the playoff as the 8 seed hosting the 1st round game. That would be awesome!

I just did the same exact thing, but picked Michigan to beat us (just to see how far we could push this), and it gave IU the 5 seed with a 10-2 record, not winning the conference championship. Pretty exciting times my friends. An opportunity to get into the title game is certainly there. And after that, it’s all gravy. 

• Like 1

The officiating in the Penn State vs UCLA game has been horrible in the second half. Even the announcer is commenting on how one sided it’s been in favor of PSU. They gifted PSU 3 points on what should’ve been an interception, and missed a blatant defensive hold on PSU the next drive

2 minutes ago, Kdug said:

The officiating in the Penn State vs UCLA game has been horrible in the second half. Even the announcer is commenting on how one sided it’s been in favor of PSU. They gifted PSU 3 points on what should’ve been an interception, and missed a blatant defensive hold on PSU the next drive

That offensive holding call was weak, too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Maybe changing OCs did work for Purdue...

They've almost matched their Notre Dame point total midway through the 3rd quarter against Bucky!

😂

I mean the offensive play calling has been decent.  Shows how bad Harrell was that a guy with minimal experience immediately made it better. 

24 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I mean the offensive play calling has been decent.  Shows how bad Harrell was that a guy with minimal experience immediately made it better. 

If you say so 🙂

With the dearth of close games on right now, I decided to stick with Purdue-Wisky

Kinda like the Romans that stuck around for the Christians-Lions finale 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Recency bias for sure. Purdue alone has had worse teams than this and they’re a .500 program historically.  There are absolutely worse teams.  But this team sucks. 

You are about to lose by 50 to a terrible Wisconsin team

51 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Top 10 nationally ranked teams are going to get an edge from the refs. Conference wants to prop up its leaders. Would hate for them to lose a few votes for not winning convincingly. Have seen IU in many a uphill battle against OSU and others over the years

Edited by Reacher