B1G Football

Did you see the end of the Minnesota vs Michigan?

I am not a Minnesota fan in any way but they got screwed.  

The B1G needs to knock it off with the favoritism toward OSU and UM. The days of needing money for the conference by propping up OSU and UM nationally should be over.  With the playoff system expanded, it’s wholly unnecessary.

It looks cartoonish, like pro wrestling.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The B1G needs to knock it off with the favoritism toward OSU and UM. The days of needing money for the conference by propping up OSU and UM nationally should be over.  With the playoff system expanded, it’s wholly unnecessary.

If you stop Mullings, you can beat Michigan...Orji isn't going to beat you throwing it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I didn't (was at our game) but I heard about it plenty. Just got my first view of it. Just a brutal call that makes me people think the fix is in for name programs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I didn't (was at our game) but I heard about it plenty. Just got my first view of it. Just a brutal call that makes me people think the fix is in for name programs.

Look at what the ACC did to VA Tech to keep The U in contention for the playoffs. VA Tech completed a Hail Mary to win the game. Ruled a TD. Then overruled after a lengthy review, with the replay office claiming a Miam player touched the ball while out of bounds, thus incomplete.

20 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Look at what the ACC did to VA Tech to keep The U in contention for the playoffs. VA Tech completed a Hail Mary to win the game. Ruled a TD. Then overruled after a lengthy review, with the replay office claiming a Miam player touched the ball while out of bounds, thus incomplete.

Two things and my bias aside. No way that should have been ruled a TD and no way they should have overturned it. With that said the Canes have been hosed by the ACC for the last few years. Not losing any sleep that we finally got the benefit.

10 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Big ten tiers

https://hawkfanatic.com/2024/09/29/breaking-2024-big-ten-football-race-into-groups-from-best-to-worst/

"The big ten has 3 of the 5 worst power conference offenses. 

UCLA is ranked the lowest at No. 127, followed by Northwestern (122) and Wisconsin (107)." 

Screenshot_20240929_213610_Chrome.jpg

As of today, IU is:

#9 in total offense 

#3 in scoring offense

#8 in total defense

#13 in scoring defense

#29 sp+ (weighted by previous year still)

Almost halfway through the season, I’d say that has “potential playoff team” written all over it.

I’m definitely not getting my hopes up for that or anything, but after watching this team play 5 games this season, Ohio State is the only team on our schedule that I think is better than we are, and I think that game is going to be one of the best of the year.

Everyone else is going to have a really hard time keeping up with our scoring, and our defense isn’t exactly a weak point.

In short, this is literally and objectively the best team IU has ever fielded.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Shows we’re not messing around IMO.  The offense was awful and a change needed to be made.  I think it also shows Walter’s leash is pretty short too. 

Admittedly, I have not seen you play, but looking at your numbers, it appears your defense is just as bad, if not worse, than your offense.  Why pick the OC to change?

21 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

Admittedly, I have not seen you play, but looking at your numbers, it appears your defense is just as bad, if not worse, than your offense.  Why pick the OC to change?

Aside from the ND game, our defense has given us a chance to win.  They’ve been on the field way too long and wear down by the 4th quarter since the offense can’t sustain any type of momentum/drives. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

As of today, IU is:

#9 in total offense 

#3 in scoring offense

#8 in total defense

#13 in scoring defense

#29 sp+ (weighted by previous year still)

Almost halfway through the season, I’d say that has “potential playoff team” written all over it.

I’m definitely not getting my hopes up for that or anything, but after watching this team play 5 games this season, Ohio State is the only team on our schedule that I think is better than we are, and I think that game is going to be one of the best of the year.

Everyone else is going to have a really hard time keeping up with our scoring, and our defense isn’t exactly a weak point.

In short, this is literally and objectively the best team IU has ever fielded.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/40638387/2024-college-football-allstate-playoff-bracket-predictor

Fun little "game" on ESPN

Shows us at 40% chance to make the playoffs as off yesterday and let's you pick who you think will win 3 of IU's games, if they win/lose/don't participate in the B1G championship game and then the results of your picks. I had us winning at home vs. Nebraska/Michigan, losing at O$U, and not making the championship game and it projected us to be in the playoff as the 8 seed hosting the 1st round game. That would be awesome!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Aside from the ND game, our defense has given us a chance to win.  They’ve been on the field way too long and wear down by the 4th quarter since the offense can’t sustain any type of momentum/drives. 

Isn't your coach a former DC? Can't make the defense the scape goat if so?

4 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Isn't your coach a former DC? Can't make the defense the scape goat if so?

Not trying to. But they weren’t firing the HC in week 4 of year 2 and something had to be done. And the defense actually made improvements last week (0-0 at halftime) before they wore down because the offense did nothing. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I get what you’re saying.  But outside of Notre Dame, you haven’t played any highly ranked offenses but still given up plenty of points.  I guess it seems a lot like when Tom Allen was here.  He was a defensive guy, so everybody wanted to bash our offense.  But really, both sides of the ball were bad.

14 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

I get what you’re saying.  But outside of Notre Dame, you haven’t played any highly ranked offenses but still given up plenty of points.  I guess it seems a lot like when Tom Allen was here.  He was a defensive guy, so everybody wanted to bash our offense.  But really, both sides of the ball were bad.

Not disagreeing but the reality is Walters wasn’t getting fired this early.  I guess we could’ve fired his DC too but pretty sure Walters calls the plays. And this past week, there were implementing schematic changes on defense so at least they’re trying.  Offense looked as vanilla as ever.