B1G Football

19 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I think he’s Tom Allen without ever having Deboer and Penix.

I think it’s too tough of a place to learn on the job as a first-time HC.  If anything, they should’ve brought in OC/DC with much longer tenure with some HC backgrounds if possible I’d. 

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it’s too tough of a place to learn on the job as a first-time HC.  If anything, they should’ve brought in OC/DC with much longer tenure with some HC backgrounds if possible I’d. 

I think the biggest issue is that Purdue has always been built around RB’s and QB’s. Going from Brohm to Walters, or any defense first guy, was always a recipe for hardship in the first few years.   The problem with Walters is that he doesn’t have the track record to keep recruiting on track while you weather that storm.

6 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I think the biggest issue is that Purdue has always been built around RB’s and QB’s. Going from Brohm to Walters, or any defense first guy, was always a recipe for hardship in the first few years.   The problem with Walters is that he doesn’t have the track record to keep recruiting on track while you weather that storm.

Exactly.  And in the new NIL era, if we finish 1-11/2-10, I could see us making a move.  Can’t let it get back to the Hazell era.