2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

ISU

Oregon State

Nebraska

Illinois

Northwestern 

Michigan State

IU

I think those are all winnable games. Not beating Wisky, Oregon, Penn State, or Ohio State. ND is a likely loss but they aren’t looking good today. 

IU isn't winnable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Reacher said:

Look, I like Tom Allen the person, but It's abundantly clear, Kalen Deboer an Womack made those seasons happen.

IU messed up letting them go.

But, I think we're in good hands now. A guy who doesn't want to lose but also can ride the line between giving the administration what they want, yet not taking sh$& off anyone 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

IU messed up letting them go

I certainly get where you’re coming from, as both are excellent coaches.  But I’m not sure there was anything we could have done to keep them here.  Neither had any ties to IU or really this part of the country.  We were merely a stop on their career ladder, which they both continued to climb even after they left here.  I appreciate that they came here and gave us some really good football for a couple years

Edited by IUJoe
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, IUJoe said:

I certainly get where you’re coming from, as both are excellent coaches.  But I’m not sure there was anything we could have done to keep them here.  Neither had any ties to IU or really this part of the country.  We were merely a stop on their career ladder, which they both continued to climb even after they left here.  I appreciate that they came here and gave us some really good football for a couple years

We definitely hit a home run with those two.  One of Allen's downfalls was with he replaced them with.  

I believe that when we make a bowl game, Cignetti gets another $500k to use towards his assistant coaches.  When we lose coaches, we can hopefully replace them with good coaches.  

18 minutes ago, TiminNC said:

We definitely hit a home run with those two.  One of Allen's downfalls was with he replaced them with.  

I believe that when we make a bowl game, Cignetti gets another $500k to use towards his assistant coaches.  When we lose coaches, we can hopefully replace them with good coaches.  

It's different with Cig. His staff is filled with guys who have followed him through several stops. His coordinators have been with him for 7 and 9 years. If one leaves, he's been preparing an internal replacement. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wisconsin doesn’t have an offense in this game so far. 

12 minutes ago, Reacher said:

WI killing themselves with turnovers and penalties 

Wisconsin lost their starting QB on the first drive of the game.  It my be an excuse, but it's an understandable one.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Big Ten is embarrassing itself on a weekly basis.  Might be tough to get more than 2 teams in the playoff.  

Nothing really that unexpected yet this week. Wisconsin had looked very bad against a MAC school and an FCS school, so it’s not surprising they got blown out vs Bama after losing their starting qb. PU is supposed to be one of the worst teams in the conference, so not surprising they’re getting blown out either.

On 9/7/2024 at 5:37 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

ISU

Oregon State

Nebraska

Illinois

Northwestern 

Michigan State

IU

I think those are all winnable games. Not beating Wisky, Oregon, Penn State, or Ohio State. ND is a likely loss but they aren’t looking good today. 

Looking more like 3, maybe 4, wins for you after seeing some of these teams play