B1G Football

@BruceDouglassorry about the betting lol. I made money on Illinois first half and did well on Altmyer throwing for 2+ TD’s and over 250 yards.  Curious to hear your thoughts on the fumble that ended up not being overturned before the tying FG.  Looked pretty obvious the ball was coming out and that you guys caught a huge break but it ended up being a fun game. Congrats 

44 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

@BruceDouglassorry about the betting lol. I made money on Illinois first half and did well on Altmyer throwing for 2+ TD’s and over 250 yards.  Curious to hear your thoughts on the fumble that ended up not being overturned before the tying FG.  Looked pretty obvious the ball was coming out and that you guys caught a huge break but it ended up being a fun game. Congrats 

Sorry? You should have listened to me when I said it was way too many points.

The fumble was all about the initial call, they couldn't see enough to overturn. Definitely looked like a fumble to me. And it's ironic that one of my pet peeves is that refs are instructed to let a play go when there's a possible fumble. But this was the one time they didn't do that. 🤣

Refs were pretty awful overall, didn't seem to want to call any pass interference at all. Except the one time on the Illinois OL. I'm pretty sure he might have been down field illegally but wasn't PI. So should have been 5 yards, not 15. And still baffled that Illinois didn't kick the PAT after that. I know their "chart" probably said it wouldn't matter, but it kinda did.

I hope you're not stuck with Walters much longer. What a piece of trash he is.

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Sorry? You should have listened to me when I said it was way too many points.

The fumble was all about the initial call, they couldn't see enough to overturn. Definitely looked like a fumble to me. And it's ironic that one of my pet peeves is that refs are instructed to let a play go when there's a possible fumble. But this was the one time they didn't do that. 🤣

Refs were pretty awful overall, didn't seem to want to call any pass interference at all. Except the one time on the Illinois OL. I'm pretty sure he might have been down field illegally but wasn't PI. So should have been 5 yards, not 15. And still baffled that Illinois didn't kick the PAT after that. I know their "chart" probably said it wouldn't matter, but it kinda did.

I hope you're not stuck with Walters much longer. What a piece of trash he is.

Can you elaborate on Walters?  I think he’s still done barring a miracle but unless we get blown out next week (still very likely), he may get at least a few more weeks. 

My impressions from going to the PU @ IL game - 

The IL stadium is old. 100 year old rededication is next week. It looks smaller than ours but holds more? Not sure where they are spending their $, but its not anywhere I could see. 

IU girls are way better looking. 

IL fans stayed for most of the game. They are better than IU fans there. 

I was on the IL side and couldn't see the PU players very good. It seemed like IL was the more talented team. I think they got comfortable by halftime and once PU seized the momentum they were unable to get it back. 

PU secondary didn't look that good. There was at least one major PI they got away with. 

IL run defense didn't look good. Maybe they weren't prepared for a scrambling QB? 

All in all, a very fun game to be at. Glad I wasn't a fan of either team as it had to be emotionally draining for both sides. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

The IL stadium is old. 100 year old rededication is next week. It looks smaller than ours but holds more? Not sure where they are spending their $, but its not anywhere I could see. 

I was on the IL side and couldn't see the PU players very good. It seemed like IL was the more talented team. I think they got comfortable by halftime and once PU seized the momentum they were unable to get it back. 

PU secondary didn't look that good. There was at least one major PI they got away with. 

IL run defense didn't look good. Maybe they weren't prepared for a scrambling QB? 

All in all, a very fun game to be at. Glad I wasn't a fan of either team as it had to be emotionally draining for both sides. 

Interesting re the stadium. I haven’t been to a game there. It looked like a lot of empty seats did it feel that way to you?

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Interesting re the stadium. I haven’t been to a game there. It looked like a lot of empty seats did it feel that way to you?

No, it was pretty full. There was a bit of a drop-off after halftime (mostly students) as they had a big lead. Some more left with a couple minutes to go as they thought they had the game won. Even in OT, it was still rather full. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Can you elaborate on Walters?  I think he’s still done barring a miracle but unless we get blown out next week (still very likely), he may get at least a few more weeks. 

He burned a lot of bridges the way he left. And with some of his antics since then, like having his team run out at halftime through the Illinois band.

On 10/13/2024 at 6:04 PM, Reacher said:

Did you like Champaign? 

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Did you like Champaign? 

Didn't see much of the city, saw a decent amount of the campus and met my nephew in his dorm. I thought Champaign was a step above Lafayette but Lafayette and PU might have passed up U of I. Did not see anything new, no construction. Dorm room looked worse than the one I was in almost 40 years ago. 

Also, not sure what they are teaching there. Apparently this is their school of art and design? I wouldn't want them designing my outhouse if this is an indication of their work. 

20241012_122902.jpg

Edited by Reacher
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Didn't see much of the city, saw a decent amount of the campus and met my nephew in his dorm. I thought Champaign was a step above Lafayette but Lafayette and PU might have passed up U of I. Did not see anything new, no construction. Dorm room looked worse than the one I was in almost 40 years ago. 

Also, not sure what they are teaching there. Apparently this is their school of art and design? I wouldn't want them designing my outhouse if this is an indication of their work. 

20241012_122902.jpg

I think those two campuses/towns are the same.  

Do have a nice pool hall in Champaign. I'll take Bloomington, though.  

4 hours ago, Reacher said:

20241012_122902.jpg

Classic example of early Soviet architecture