B1G Football

3 minutes ago, kycarter88 said:

This is a goofy game. Player ejections. Unintended onside kick. Missed PAT, interception not called. Rip away fumble. Just weird all in one game. Could be a fun finish. 

Was that onside kick unintended?  That’s what I thought initially, but all of the Oregon players jumped on it pretty quickly like they were expecting it. Either way, I’ve never seen a play like that.

I’m wondering if they went for a squib, but aim directly for an OSU player. Hit it on line and that happens, miss and it’s just a normal squib kick. I kind of hope that’s what they were going for, would be a genius call.

Edited by Kdug

8 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Was that onside kick unintended?  That’s what I thought initially, but all of the Oregon players jumped on it pretty quickly like they were expecting it. Either way, I’ve never seen a play like that.

I’m wondering if they went for a squib, but aim directly for an OSU player. Hit it on line and that happens, miss and it’s just a normal squib kick. I kind of hope that’s what they were going for, would be a genius call.

That’s a ballsy call, if it was planned. You’d have to assume the return rate on that would be low. But they did react quite quickly, especially the kicker. Good game thus far. Ohio state wants to be the bully, and I hope they get punched one of these times 

Not an Ohio St fan but why did Oregon get to play that 2nd to last down with 12 guys. Cost Ohio state like 4-5 seconds. In the NFL if you get into formation with 12 and the snap is eminent they blow the play dead. Doesn’t seem fair to be able to play with 12 and take the time off the clock only cost yourself 5 yds.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Back-up QB is legit haha. College football is nuts. 

He definitely played like he's been there before. 

Hard to believe, but Purdue-Oregon makes twice in a row of wanting them to win their game Lol.(edit: I just can't stand Illinois)

Anyone beating Oregon or Penn State should be the current top IU fan rooting priorities after Indiana taking care of their own games.

Edited by jblaz13

3 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

He definitely played like he's been there before. 

Hard to believe, but Purdue-Oregon makes twice in a row of wanting them to win their game Lol.(edit: I just can't stand Illinois)

Anyone beating Oregon or Penn State should be the current top IU fan rooting priorities after Indiana taking care of their own games.

A one loss OSU, Penn State, and Oregon will get in the playoff over a 1 loss IU team.  That's going to happen.  And, if one of those teams pick up a 2nd loss against one of the others in the Big Ten Championship, they still likely get in.

What IU needs more than those teams losing is a Notre Dame loss.  As pathetic as it would be, a 1 loss Notre Dame would get in over a 1 loss IU even though our loss is likely OSU on the road while theirs would be Northern Illinois at home.  USC probably has the best chance at giving Notre Dame a 2nd loss.  

The numbers just aren't favoring 4 Big Ten teams right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not an Ohio St fan but why did Oregon get to play that 2nd to last down with 12 guys. Cost Ohio state like 4-5 seconds. In the NFL if you get into formation with 12 and the snap is eminent they blow the play dead. Doesn’t seem fair to be able to play with 12 and take the time off the clock only cost yourself 5 yds.

Glad someone else noticed this. I think I remember Coughlin doing that once for Giants. Either way really smart move by Oregon staff. Eliminate big play and lose 4 seconds of clock.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Glad someone else noticed this. I think I remember Coughlin doing that once for Giants. Either way really smart move by Oregon staff. Eliminate big play and lose 4 seconds of clock.

It wasn’t intentional and their 12th guy was barely on the field and didn’t really cover anyone. If OSU’s QB noticed he could have chucked it as a free play…if they come down with it then it’s a declined penalty for a big play. This argument could also be made for defensive offsides but I guarantee 98/100 times, offenses would prefer a free play over a dead ball. That said, I don’t hate giving the offense the option to put the time back on the clock for an accepted penalty 

• Like 1