B1G Football

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Purdue's just in the wrong conference. 

Heck, they would have the third best Sagarin rating in the Pac 12.  :coffee:

Or, if that's not exciting enough, they would have the 5th best rating in the Missouri Valley.

Apparently so this year, on wrong conference. Definitely isn't the old B1G West Division life they're used to anymore! 

The two Indiana Big Ten programs going in opposite directions seems inevitablly constant, 5Fouls. Have to admit this current reversal of fortunes was rather sudden. Seeing them turning over staff in-season warms my heart. That or its coffee doing it. 

I'll take IU on this end of fortunes any day. 😆 

• Like 1

NW looking good so far vs MD. Lausch has made some impressive plays for them, including a great deep ball on that second TD drive. Might not be all that bad of an offense if he keeps playing like this. Their defense looks good so far as well, which they have all year when they aren’t playing IU.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

NW looking good so far vs MD. Lausch has made some impressive plays for them, including a great deep ball on that second TD drive. Might not be all that bad of an offense if he keeps playing like this. Their defense looks good so far as well, which they have all year when they aren’t playing IU.

Not getting to watch games tonight. Thanks for the snapshot. Great hearing that NW is controlling play thus far! These type of games are a lot better after IU already beat both teams so it sucks having to miss seeing what can maybe be taken away from it about Indiana. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

Apparently so this year, on wrong conference. Definitely isn't the old B1G West Division life they're used to anymore! 

The two Indiana Big Ten programs going in opposite directions seems inevitablly constant, 5Fouls. Have to admit this current reversal of fortunes was rather sudden. Seeing them turning over staff in-season warms my heart. That or its coffee doing it. 

I'll take IU on this end of fortunes any day. 😆 

Both of our conference losses have been to former B1G West opponents lol. 

6 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

17-0. Maryland fumbled a kickoff but managed to limit the damage to a field goal. 

I went to their forum before our game with the Terps, and about half of them had given up on Mike Locksley...

This probably isn't helping 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Both of our conference losses have been to former B1G West opponents lol. 

Indeed lol

Just now saw their slate.

Other than playing Oregon, their B18 schedule isn't much different from what they'd typically drawn in past years.

Neb, Ill, and Ind being strong at the same time is the most unusual thing about it. 

Think I'm looking for Washington, Wisconsin, Purdue, MN and USC today to win today. Want to help Indianas path up the standings. 

Not sure whether a OSU or Oregon win is more beneficial to our playoff hopes. 

I will be going to the PU @ IL game today with some family to see my nephew who plays in the IL band. I plan on wearing strong sunglasses to block out the orange. Hope to have some reports from behind enemy lines. 

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Think I'm looking for Washington, Wisconsin, Purdue, MN and USC today to win today. Want to help Indianas path up the standings. 

I will be going to the PU @ IL game today with some family to see my nephew who plays in the IL band. I plan on wearing strong sunglasses to block out the orange. Hope to have some reports from behind enemy lines. 

I think OSU winning would be better for us. Helps our strength of schedule. I also think UCLA winning would be better than MN since we don’t play MN this year

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

Think I'm looking for Washington, Wisconsin, Purdue, MN and USC today to win today

<Gasp> You said out loud what I was thinking 😬

While the standings are one thing, I like to think it's also the humanitarian in us ;) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

I think OSU winning would be better for us. Helps our strength of schedule. I also think UCLA winning would be better than MN since we don’t play MN this year

I felt MN didn't matter much. After they beat USC, why not go for the CA 🧹 and give those teams a B1G welcome. 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

Would love to hear what you observe about Purdue tbh.  To me, it feels like the players have checked out.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Bielema runs it up. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Either Iowa and Wisconsin are pretty good, or Washington and Rutgers are pretty bad...

Washington is a perplexing team. Anyone who missed their game with Iowa would look at 40-16 and think Iowa controlled possession and that's really not the case. Very similar to their Rutgers loss(other than margin) in how much they did to give that away.  Washington doesn't seem to know how to stay out of their own way this year. 

If I were the guy doing the hiring there I'd demote the OC perhaps. Lol Just saying. He isn't futile but they have so many issues with finishing off drives. 

Edited by jblaz13
  • Like 1